Chapter 9 - Concerns

To say you were worried about Jungkook was an understatement. Was he really that mad at you? You didn’t even do anything. At least, you didn’t think you did.

You couldn’t go back to campus knowing he was mad at you. You needed to ask and explain what was going on. 

You continued down the sandy walkway, down past the cliff where you fell off. Luckily you weren’t up there again.

The path and rock wall still continued. Only, the cliff on your right side gradually become shorter the further you walked. 

It eventually come down low enough to where you could walk back up it. You didn’t even think this part was still on campus. But you continued walking.

The rock wall eventually ended and came to just a rocky seashore. The other cliff grew a few more feet and started to curve overhead. At least now you had a secluded area where you could see out to the ocean.

You started walking onto the rocky shoreline, waves crashing against the rocks and splashing your already wet feet. 

You tried to focus on the water ahead of you, but the glare from the sun made it hard to see. And there was no use calling out his name. 

You continued hopping rocks down the shoreline, still secluded from the rocky overhang above. Your thoughts were racing.

What if he really was mad at me?

Would I see him again?

Even though I just meet him, Why do I feel so attached to him?

Oh God, please don’t tell him I’ll never see him again. 

I don’t want to feel alone again.

The sound of someone struggling took you back out of your thoughts. Was someone here? You hid behind a tall rock just off the shore and peered around.

Just up ahead there was a figure struggling to get loose from something. You went around behind the rock, stepping back into the water. Carefully making your was closer and  you started to see more details.

A net wrapped around someone.

A big teal tail leading up to red scales.

And the upper half of man emerging from the red.