Chapter 25 - The 7th Mermaid

The other mermaid shook the water from his hair and sleeked it back exposing his forehead. Well, kinda, it fell back on his face a little. Jungkook composed himself and looked at him.

“Hoseok, where’d you come from?” 

“I assumed you were seeing her today so I followed you here. Then I saw Hongjoong trying to attack you and then you got stuck so I needed to save you both.”

He smiled at you. He had a very bright smile and round cheeks. You could just barely make out his light blue tail from under the water. You almost forgot for a second how cold your body was from the water.

You clung closer to Jungkook, at least trying to feel some of the body heat coming from him. He noticed since he seemed to hold you closer.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” He asked. You nodded your head against his chest.

“Yeah, it’s just shock from the cold water.” You stated. He nodded in understanding.

“I can help with that!” Hoseok pitched in. He grabbed both of you again. His tail glowed a bright blue and then you all sped off. Within seconds, you were out to that same stray rock where you’ve now been multiple times.

Jungkook sat you up on the rock to at least get you out of the water. You wrapped your arms around yourself and pulled your knees to your chest. He propped himself next to you with a serious expression on his face. 

“(Y/N), we need to figure something out. I don’t feel comfortable letting you go back knowing that they know where you live.” 

What? You could understand his concerns and to be honest, you didn’t really want to go back either, but you couldn’t just stay here. 

“Well, what am I supposed to do? You can’t just keep me out here. I have my own life.”

“Sure we can! We could bring you food here every day and hang out together!” Hoseok percked up. 

“I don’t think she can eat mermaid food every day, Hoseok. Plus what happens when it rains or it gets cold? Or what if Ateez finds her while it’s dark?” Jungkook argued.

“One of us could stay with her.”

“Then we’d both get captured.”

They back and forth bickering about different ways while you were thinking of a solution yourself. All you needed was to be with someone at all times. The only problem with that was your roommate doesn’t have the same classes and work, your friend goes to a different university, you didn’t have any other friends other than the mermaids, and you couldn’t go off-campus.

Wait. You remembered someone. Someone you could tell this to.

“Jungkook.”

Him and Hoseok stopped arguing for a moment.

“I have an idea. I need to get back to land to talk to him.”

“But wait what if something happens to you on the way?”

“I’ll be fine, I promise. I just need to get there before dark.”

He stared at you for a moment but still cooperated in grabbing you and taking you back to shore.