Chapter 23 - Growing Fear

To say you didn’t sleep last night was an understatement. After reading the note you freaked out. You made sure your dorm window was locked and covered by a curtain. You locked your door and shoved yourself into the corner of your room, waiting for your roommate to get home.

You were so paranoid that the entire night that going to class the next day was torture. You couldn’t focus on anything, afraid that you were being watched. You even considered skipping today you were so scared.

Jungkook never told you to meet him again, but you needed to tell him what happened. You held the note in your hands as you continued searching out to see for any sign of Jungkook.

You went back to where you found Jin and sat down, hoping one of them would see you. You kept looking behind you and trying to listen for any sign that Hongjoong or a different pirate had followed you. 

You tried to calm yourself down, but with your thoughts racing and your paranoia taking control, that thought seemed almost impossible.

“(Y/N)?” Someone called your name suddenly, making you jump.

You looked out to see Jungkook staring at you.

“What are you doing here?” He swam closer to you until he was directly in front of you. He rested his arms on your bent knees, gazing at you with concern in his eyes.

Your emotions got the best of you to where you couldn’t talk and you felt like crying. So you just handed him the note. You covered your mouth with your sleeve as he read the note, trying to help calm yourself.

His soft gaze hardened while he was reading the note. By this point, you were on the verge of tears. He looked back up at you.

“Where did you find this?” Jungkook asked.

You hesitated, trying not to get choked on your words.

“I-it was on my bed in my dorm room.” Your voice cracked as you finished your sentence. Your tears you’d been holding back stung as they slipped down your face. 

You hid your face in your hands, not wanting to let Jungkook see you cry. His concern only grew as he pushed himself on the rock next to you and pulled you into his arms. 

You pressed your face into his chest and wrapped your arms around his back as he held you close, stroking your head to help calm you down. You finally let it out as your emotions from last night slipped out.

You cried into him for what felt like forever. You eventually calmed down enough to talk a little.

“I-I’m scared.” 

“It’s ok. I’m not going to let them hurt you.” Jungkook comforted you as he continued to hold you. “I just wished I had a better way to protect you.”

You sniffled as you rested your head on his chest. You now realized the position you were in and how close to his abs you were. You blushed at your thoughts once again.

But your moment was short-lived when you hear a sickeningly familiar voice behind you. 

“Scared yet?”