i have to keep my reputation

sarah's pov
i turned off my alarm. another sleepless night but this is the worst! i can't even close my damn eyes for a second without Chase's music blasting out loud! new house, same me.

i groaned as i get up to be ready. i just put on some black skinny jeans and my harvard sweatshirt on. while i was doing my hair, Anthony texted me.

antbear❤️- i can't pick u up today
me- i don't really care. you don't even call me yesterday
antbear❤️- shit. im sorry
antbear❤️- i totally forgot. im so sorry
antbear❤️- ill make it up to you.
seen.

I sighed as i grab my bag and head downstairs. I was greeted by mom and Tamora who's sipping teas by the dining table.

"good morning honey. breakfast?" Mom asked. "nah, im good." I nod and walk to the door. "there you are chase!" tamora greeted her son. i rolled my eyes as its not even my fucking problem. "you could give Sarah a lift to school." Tamora said.

"WHAT?!" me and chase exclaimed. "yeah, now go on." Tamora said. I can't believe this. why me?

I was standing beside Chase's BMW when he glared at me. "oh don't look at me like that! do you think i want to do this?" I said, referring to the ride. He rolled his eyes. "I rather walk for fucking 30 minutes than be in the same car as you Hudson." I snapped. "If you're done, Betts. Shut the fuck up and go in. Do i look like i wanna drive you?" He snapped back. I scoffed and get my ass inside his filthy car.

We argue non stop in the car until he pulled up in front of a bus stop. "why do you stop?" I asked. "you said you rather walk out right? Go ahead." He said. "I have to keep my reputation, now go out. And one more thing, Betts. Don't let anyone know that we live together and doesn't mean our parents are best friends and we could be one too. He said. "you know what? fuck you, chase." I exclaimed and went out of his car, walking to school of course. once a jock, always a jock. I wonder how our parents are even best friends.

Finally after a tiring walk, i arrived. "you're already moved in with Chase. why not just ask for a ride." Lauren asked. "that jock dropped me off at the bus stop so he could keep his reputation clean." I mocked Chase. "fuck." lauren cussed. "anyways. have you seen Anthony?" I asked her. "no. but i clearly can see he's a bit distant from you now, no offense." Lauren continues. "I know laur, i saw that too. He's acting very weird." I sighed.

While i was walking to my first class. I saw Chase was making out with a cheerleader by the lockers. We made a one second eye contact until i looked away. jock. douche. ugh. i was blocked by Anthony all of a sudden.

"Anthony." I startled. "look im so sorry." He said grabbing my wrist. "Anthony, i-" i said. "let me go." I continued. "im so sorry bubs i promise i will make it up to you." He said as his grip is getting stronger. "Anthony." I started to breathe heavily.

"she said let go did she." chase interrupted. "fuck off, chase." Anthony snapped. "ugh!" i scoffed and walk to class. i am so done with everything.

Its lunchbreak, i met Lauren by our lockers. "how was class?" She asked. "fine." i said as we walk to get some food. "i heard there will be prom." Lauren said, clapping her hands. "so?" i asked. "oh come on, its our last year. we should have fun." She said. I shooked my head.

Anthony keep sending me notes saying that he's sorry. for me? that's not enough. I keep shoving them inside my bag.

After a super long day, school finally ended. I walk to my locker to grab some stuff and saw Anthony was leaning onto it. Jesus what now? "Sarah." He said as i stood in front of me. "I am so sorry. Its just i have to accompany my mom to the hospital yesterday for a check up and i stayed all night accompany her. I'll make it up to you." He said. "oh no-anthony. i didn't knew. I'm sorry." I hugged him. "no,i should tell you." He brushed through my hair. "McDonald's?" He smiled. "you know what i want." I chuckled.

"so um-what are you doing on this weekend?" I asked Anthony. "i have some stuff to sort off." He shrugged. Weird. "What stuff?" I asked. "oh look, your fries are coming." He said, completely changing the topic.

"mom! I'm home." i exclaimed as i walk into the house. "oh right, she's working now." I mumbled. suddenly, someone pinned me on the wall. "CHASE! what the hell." I exclaimed. "you should go home with me." He said. "Anthony drove me home. What do you mean. I don't need a fucking ride from you Chase Hudson." I snapped. "Oh, Sarah. You don't know what's that boy have done to you." Chase glared into my eyes. "Wh-what does t-that mean?" I asked as he unpinned me. He shrugged and walk away. He knows something.

12am thoughts
I am laying on my bed thinking of everyone and everything. Anthony is being distant from me and super suspicious. Chase on the other has two-faced personalities. Firstly, he treated me like shit in front of everyone and a second later, he changed into a kind yet curious person. its just why me?

1000  words.

author's note:- this chapter is a meh but uwu you got a little cliffhanger over there. It seems like Chase definitely know something and Anthony was onto something. don't forget to vote and comment what you think of this story so far. I love y'all xx!