trust

sarah's pov
Anthony's words is still ringing in my head. I don't even get to focus on class. Payton caught me zoning off for a zillion times now. "SARAH!" Payton snapped. "what?!" I jumped. I realized i zoned off again. As i jumped, i can feel all eyes were on my especially Anthony. Its like he is staring right through my soul.

"Finally." I sighed in relief as the class end. "You don't even listen to the teacher. What's bothering you?" Payton asked. "I-" i stuttered as i saw Anthony was standing behind Payton staring at me. "um- nothing." I faked. "Alright then. Chase is waiting for us at the cafeteria. Lauren said she'll be there in five too." Payton said. I don't want to see Chase at the moment. "You go ahead, I'll meet you later. I'll wait for Laur. " I lied. He nod and walk away.

As i grab my books and walked up to the entrance, and of course Anthony is there. "I'm sorry but you're kinda in my way." I said, avoiding his eye contact. "You can't be around Chase. He is clearly using you like he was with Cynthia. He's a douche, Sarah." Anthony said. "He is nothing like that! He is nothing like a douche." I said looking straight into Anthony's blue eyes. Damn. Used to fall for that everytime. "Are you sure?" he smirked. "I-yea-just let me out!" I stuttered and push him away. I walked out, not turning back to see Anthony.

Chase's pov
"Hey Payt! Where's Sarah. Didn't you went to the same class as her earlier?" I asked as Payton walk to the table. "She said she'll wait for Laur. They gonna walk here together." He shrugged as he dig into his caramel pudding. I wasn't worried, yet. A few minutes later, Lauren walked to us. "WAIT. WHERE'S SARAH?! " I jumped. "What do you mean?" Lauren looked clueless. "She said she'll meet you." Payton said, now looking clueless too. "She didn't." Lauren shook her head. "Not again." I said as i stood up. "Chase, i know Sarah. She'll be fine." Lauren and Payton stopped me. "You guys don't understand. I can't lose her, not again." I said, running pass them.

"Think, Chase. think. Where could she be." I mumbled to myself as i am starting my car. Suddenly a light flash across my eyes and i might know where is Sarah.

Sarah's pov
"why was she with chase?", "chase can do so much better.", "honestly. why a loser?", "are they together? im gonna laugh.", "what an attention seeker.", "aha a loser." Some whispers i heard as i walked out of school. It is still ringing in my head.

I decided to be a badass a bit and skip school just to fucking calm my mind. Every breathe a took release a judgement.  "Daddy would be so disappointed to see his own daughter just skipped school just to calm her mind down. I'm sorry dad." I laughed and broke down.

Then, i heard footsteps from behind me. "Cha-chase. What are you do-doing here?" I stuttered as i wipe my tears immediately. "I knew you're here. the question is why are you here?" He asked as he took a step forward while i took a step back. Now I'm at the edge. Gonna die, anytime now. "You're gonna fall, Sarah." Chase said as he pulled me into his arms. I can't help but broke down. "Hey, hey. Its fine. I'm here." He said, stroking my hair down.

"Nothing is fine, Chase. Nothing." I cried and push him away. "What have i done wrong?" He asked. "Is it true what Anthony said?" I asked while my heart was aching. "you need to calm down, sarah. tell me what have Anthony told you." Chase said as i keep moving backwards to the edge of the cliff. "You're using me." I said. "I'm not Sarah. When i said i love you, i really do. You just have to trust me." Chase said. "Trust." I nod. "Trust is a really strong word, Chase. Everytime i trust someone, they showed me why i shouldn't. When the trust is broken, it took years to build and forever to repair." I cried. Chase froze in silence for a second until he seaks up again. "Then, I'll gain your trust back." He said.

We stayed at the cliff for a moment, he did calm me down. We both sit on the edge while watching the sun set. I laid my head on his shoulders. "Here, you look cold." Chase said as he gave me his hoodie. "Thanks." I said. "You're being a badass today. Aren't you?" He joked. "Kinda." I laughed. "I'm sorry i made you worried." I apologize. "I will always be worried about you, Sarah." He said, pulling a strand of my hair to the back of my ear. I can sense he is nervous.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "I think its time i tell you this although it is not." He said nervously. I nod my head. "I like you, Sarah." He said. "As a friend." I nod. "Like like you. As more than a friend." He said. no way. "chase. i like you too but- we can't." I shook my head as i pulled my hands out of his grip. "Why not?" He asked. "You're the" guy " in school while im a nobody chase. a loser to be precise. You should be with someone like Cynthia and not me. You don't deserve me." I sighed. "That's nothing to me anymore. All i want is you. No one else. I care for you, i really do. I love you always and that's my promise." Chase said. "you just have to let yourself to trust me." He continued. "There's a zillion people, why me?" I asked.

"You're different than others, Sarah. You make me showed myself who i truly am." Chase said as we made an eye contact. As we both getting closer and closer. I threw my arms around his neck as he wrap his around my waists. We kissed. "Finally, I've been waiting to do that since God knows when." Chase laughed. "Silly." I smiled. "Lets go home." He said, linking our fingers together.

1094 words.

author's note: sorry for not updating for a while. I've been busy with finals. i hope you enjoy this book so far because i do. thank you so much for 200 reads! i appreciate that alot. hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote. love y'all <3!