Chapter 41 - Americano

You walk into the living room to meet Taehyung. He is lounging on the couch waiting patiently for you.

"Ready for cake?" He asks you. You nod your head, not looking that enthusiastic. Taehyung notices immediately.

"So... are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He wonders. You look at him pouting.

"Yoongi wants to hang out with me tomorrow/" You admit. He raises an eyebrow at you.

"Aren't you friends." He says confused. My pout turns into a frown.

"Yes, but...don't tell him I told you this okay. " I start. "He has...unresolved feelings for me."

"Unresolved?" Taehyung repeats. "What are you saying?"

"He told me he likes me and I told him that I'd choose soon, but I haven't told him that I fell for- choose you." You say. Your cheeks turn bright red with what you almost just admitted to.

"Hmmm. I see how that can be a problem." He agrees and then smiles, "There's one simple solution."

"And what's that pray tell Mr. Kim," You press while making your way to the kitchen to get the plates and silverware for cake.

"We could just tell everyone." He says. You stop in your tracks turning to face him.

"Is it crack?" You wonder seriously. "Is that what you smoke? It honestly would explain a lot. Like why you always act so weird. And how you eat so much and stay skin-" Taehyung laughs at you cutting off your words. When his laughter dies down he goes back to what he was saying.

"I'm serious jagiya." He says. "Or are you a good liar? I'm not." You think about it. You did tell most of them that you would choose. But what about those you hadn't.

"What do I do? Just walk up to them and say 'Hey guys I know you all are attracted to me, but I only like Taehyung, Too bad so sad,'? Do you see how that's an issue? " You question. He shrugs.

"They all wanted you to choose right? It wouldn't make sense for them to get mad when you finally do." He says. "Anyways aren't you and Jimin still friends. He knows." You ponder over this. While it might be true for now, Jimin is tempermental. There is no guarantee that you would still be on speaking terms tomorrow.

"You make it all sound so easy," I say. He pats a spot on the couch next to him.

"All let you decide. Let's start with the cake for now and a movie. If you won't hang out with Yoongi we should go to the park tomorrow. We can rent bikes there." He says. You move to sit next to him on the couch and start fixing pieces of the cake.

"Make mine huge," Taehyung says. You laugh at him but obliged anyway. You hand him the cake and study the piece on your plate. The cakes are white and layered with creme and strawberries. You smile at it. Jungkook was a really thoughtful guy. Taehyung is devouring his cake so it must be good. You take a bite of your cake and find that it is indeed delicious.

"Wow!," You say. Taehyung nods in agreement and reaches for the remote.

"What movie should we watch?" He ponders. You look at the screen as he scrolls through Netflix.

"Wait-" you say as something catches your eyes. There's a scary movie you haven't seen yet.

"Let's watch that one," you say pointing to it. You and Taehyung are close enough that you feel his body tighten next to yours.

"But...it looks scary." He says. You smirk at him.

"Are you...scared?" You wonder. He shakes his head in denial, but you see the fear on his face