Chapter 46

The next few weeks were hell. As you worked hard to prepare for the tour while trying to keep your sanity. You couldn't even look at Namjoon without being hit by a wave of anger. The energy within the dance room was always off. You had finished the choreography soon enough. After the boys got it down the backup dancers showed up. It was nice because now there were more people to focus on and you could focus less on the one who betrayed you. You and Taehyung had been keeping your distance from each other as often as possible, but he'd still stop by your house on occasion.

The plane would leave in a few days headed to the US. You were supposed to be on that plane, but you didn't know if you could handle it. There was just too much tension in the entire group. And after this tour was over you'd be out of a job. How could you be okay with that?

"(Y/N)," called the voice of the last person you wanted to hear. You were walking out of the restroom and hadn't realized he'd followed you out here. You glare up at him.

"What do you want?" You ask. He looks disheveled and tired. You can tell that his tiredness hadn't come from practice. Something else was bothering him. Before this whole situation, you would have cared to ask what was wrong with him. Back when the two of you were friends. But now you couldn't care less.

"To talk." He says, causing you to scoff.

"You've already caused enough problems with your mouth." You say. "I think it's best you keep it shut from now on" The harshness of your words shocks him, but that was genuinely how you were feeling right now. If it wasn't for him you and Tae could be happy for a little longer. Of course, you knew that eventually the two of you would have to deal with a situation like this, but you weren't prepared for it to happen so early.

You try to step past Namjoon but he grabs your arm holding you in place.

"I'm sorry," he says. You laugh.

"Wow, thank you so much Joonie," You say the nickname with venom in your tone. "Now everything can just go back to normal all because of you apologiz-. " Suddenly your back is on a wall and a very tired and angry Namjoon looms over you.

"Would you just shut up and listen for one second!"He yells. You shrink away from his anger, but quickly stand tall again. He had no right to be angry with you. Not after what he did.

"It was a mistake." He says. His voice sounds tired and you ache for your ex-friend. "I was talking to the producer about our solos and he asked me if I'd seen Taehyung. He wanted him to come into the record." He says looking down at me to see if you were listening. You were so you nod for him to continue.

"I said that he was probably at your house. And when he asked why I couldn't come up with an excuse fast enough." He says. You stare at him in shock "I'm so sorry. I would never out the two of you intentionally. I should've come up with an excuse." Your jaw dropped. All this time you were holding a grudge against him for that. He hadn't even meant to. You thought he'd done it to spite you for choosing someone other than him.

"Oh my god." You whisper. "Joon I.." You don't even know what to say. How could you have been so dumb? These boys were your friends. They had been there for you all this time and you were so quick to turn your back on them without so much as asking for an explanation.

"Don't apologize." He says. "Just stop hating me. I can't take much more of that." You wanted to cry, but you knew you didn't have the right to. Instead, you wrap your arms around that taller man. His whole body melts into your hug. It was almost like he'd been barely holding himself together before you hugged him. He clings onto you for a long while before finally letting for.

"I don't hate you." You whisper. Namjoon smiles at you and the two of you walk back to the practice room together shocking everybody.

When the day is finally over you go to check your emails. The president of the company had told you to be expecting to hear from him sometime this week. Sure enough, there was an email from him. You open it and are shocked at what you see. He'd sent you a job opening at another company where you could continue to dance your heart out. It was a studio called one million Dance studio. The email noted that you would have to submit a video of a self choreo of your choosing along with a resume that noted your experience. You were giddy with excitement.

This was the last thing that you had expected to get from the president. You thought that he hated you for dating one of his employees. But he didn't. Tears of joy welled in your eyes. This meant that you would be able to stay in Korea and be with Taehyung. You run out of the studio and bolt up the stairs to the president's office. Without even thinking about it you push the doors open and tackle the poor old man in a huge hug.

"Thank you so much!!"You scream. He looks shocked to have you hugging him, but you didn't care. You were happy. You didn't mind having to leave as long as you could continue to pursue your passion. When you finally release him he clears his throat.

"We look out for our own here. I didn't want to let you go, but if you insist on staying with Taehyung this was the only way." He says. "I did some thinking about your housing situation and the house is yours." He adds. You swear you felt that you would faint from the joy you were feeling. There was no way that he could be this merciful.

"I don't understand" You mutter.

"I know you moved away from your loved ones and home to pursue your career at a young age. I'm not a monster. I would want someone to do the same for my kids." He says. "And we already paid for the house. It would be idiotic to kick you out, but you have to deal with the water and electricity bills okay?" You nod your head vigorously.

"Of course!" You say. He smiles at you.

"I'm really sorry we couldn't keep you here." He says, "The work you've done is amazing, but I wish you the best in the future and-"

"Ya...I'm not leaving just yet." You say, "We have a tour to complete. Save the speech for after that." He looks taken back by your casual speech, but let's let it slide.

"You're right. After the tour, I'll give you a proper goodbye."