Chapter 47

Being on tour with the boys was an experience that you couldn't explain. The stadiums were huge. Like big enough to hold a NFL football game. You were extremely nervous during the preparation for the first show. This was your first tour after all. However, the practice went smoothly. More so than you expected and you were extremely grateful for that. After the run-through of the show with the lights and sound on the boys and you gathered backstage.

"Are you guys ready for this?" You ask them. They smile at you nodding.

"Of course we are," Hoseok says.

"Question is are you?" Namjoon adds.

"Yeah you look like you're ready to throw up," Suga says. You glare at him.

"Don't make me injure you before your big show." you joke, but they were right. You were nervous. For some reason, it felt like you were the one that was about to perform on the stage and not them. Taehyung grabs your hand and pulls you away while the rest of the boys chat. He had slimmed down in preparation for the tour and while he looked good you missed his slightly chubby belly. You poke his stomach.

"Where are you dragging me off to?" You wonder. He looks down at you with a huge grin. This could not be good.

"I have a surprise for you." He says. You wonder what it could be. The two of you are walking underneath the stage towards an exit. As you approach it the door swings open revealing...

"Mom!" You say in shock. Your mother squeals and runs up to hug you so hard the air leaves your lungs.

"There she is." Your father says following your mom into the tunnel.

"What the...How?!" You ask after giving your dad a hug too.

"I wanted them to see what you've created," Taehyung says to you.

"How in the world did I get lucky enough to date you?" You wonder. He smiles at you beaming. He looked so happy to see you happy. Your heart had never swelled with so much love for one person. Your parents look in between the two of you.

"Why didn't you tell me your boyfriend was so handsome?" Your mom asks in your native tongue. You couldn't believe you were looking at her in the flesh right now.

"Mom, Dad, I can't believe you're actually here." You say trying not to cry.

"Of course we're here." Your dad says pulling you to his side in another embrace. "We couldn't miss the first show of your world tour." You hear Taehyung shuffling around behind you.

"I have to go get ready and eat something before the show." He says. You run to him giving him a big hug.

"I love you." You say softly. You feel him stiffen under your hold, and then his body relaxes.

"I love you too." He says. You lean up to give him a quick kiss, but your overprotective father clears his throat causing the two of you to jump apart.

"Uh...I'll see you before the show." You say to Taehyung. He laughs and nods.

"Take care of her." He tells your parents shocking you. When did he have time to practice that? Maybe hearing from you on the phone with your mother all the time. Your mom smiles and nods as Taehyung walks back to the stage.

"Let's go have dinner before the show." Your mom suggested. You smile at her, taking her hand and practically skipping out of the exit. Your father follows along with a smile on his face. He'd had the hardest time about you moving to Korea by yourself, but now seeing you as happy as you are he was finally becoming okay with it.

Your parents take you to a ramen shop nearby so that you can have ramen and gyoza. They try not to question you too much as you eat, but of course, they were curious about the boy you'd fallen for.

"So...this boy," Your father starts. "Is he nice to you?" He asks. You laugh at him.

"Daddy, of course, he's nice. He brought the two of you to me without me even asking him." You say. "How'd he do that anyway?"

"He texted me. It was kind of hard to understand at first because he obviously used google translate, but we figured it out. " Your mom says. Your heart swells with pride. Taehyung was truly the best.

"You look like you really love him." Your dad notes and you nod admitting it to yourself and them as well.

"Is that wrong?" You wonder out loud. You were still so young and didn't know if the relationship was too fresh for you to be feeling what you were. It had been almost three months since you said yes to him.

"No." Your mom says, "I want grandbabies." You almost choke on your ramen and your dad gives your mom a stern look.

"Mom we haven't..."You start but then stop immediately. Your dad was right there. You could talk to your mom about those sorts of things, but not him. He'd kill Taehyung.

"Oh really. I just thought because you practically live together..." she mutters.

"Okaaayyy. Let's talk about other things." Your dad interrupts. Your mom laughs at him and so do you. He tried to act tough, but he was just a big softy. The rest of the meal goes smoothly as the three of you eat and share stories and laugh. You tell them about all the great food in Korea and the lovely scenery. They tell you about your cats and how crazy it feels having an empty nest. When you're done eating your dad drives back to the stadium and your breath catches in your throat. There was the biggest crowd you'd ever seen in your life. And just like that, your nerves were back.