Chapter 12

Ash's POV

I Groaned as I sat up, being met by the warm sunlight through the crack of the window, I checked the time and cringed at the Time, "5 am... who am I" I murmured to myself, letting out a large yawn after, "Monday huh...It starts today..." I said to myself as I head to the shower, getting changed after and heading down to the Lobby.

I reached the Bottom of the stairs only to see that Nurse Joy wasn't around "Oh, I guess I'm up really early" I Whispered to myself as I stepped out the Poke center, out onto the Field, and into the Forest "Maybe I should've brought Lucario with me..."I said to myself 

"Nah, They should get their rest" I stated to myself, Wondering deep into the Forest, letting my feet take me wherever it wanted to go.

I heard a small cry from the distance, I searched the are with my Aura, trying to find the direction of the cries, "there!" I told myself as I ran towards the cries at full speed, I finally reached my destination, and there I saw a Vulpix in a Cage, it seemed injured.

I approached the cage cautiously, grabbing a random stick and throwing it to the cage, as expected, it was surrounded by electricity, "Ha, jokes on you poachers, I have a Pikachu with a deadly thunderbolt" I scoffed and opened the cage with my bare hands.

I managed to get Vulpix out, and something that you can consider 'minimum damage' to my hands, I carefully cradled her in my arms as I ran back to the Pokémon Center.

As I went inside, I saw Nurse Joy already setting up "Oh, Good morning Red" Brock greeted before noticing Vulpix in my hands "I'll take care of her right away" He said, as if it was a normal thing for me to bring over an Injured Pokémon.

"Eh? eh??? eh???" Nurse Joy looked at us confusedly, watching as Brock went to the back "Good morning Nurse Joy" I said with a soft smile "Wha- What was that??? he Immediately?- what?!" She exclaimed, really confused "haha, sorry Nurse Joy, it's a normal reaction coming from him" I said.

"Normal reaction?" She asked "Back on the Mountain, me and the other two would find at least 3 Pokémon trapped in cages every week, and since he's a doctor, he's gotten used to acting right away" I explained as I took off my gloves to rub my burnt palms.

"Oh, what happened to your hands?" she asked, grabbing an ointment from the shelf behind her, and started treating my burn "Oh, the cage was electrocuted" I said bluntly, "Eh? you touched the cage? that must've hurt" She said, finishing up on my hand and returning to the desk.

"Red? and Nurse Joy, Good morning" Serena greeted, "Oh Good Morning Serena" I greeted nicely, Nurse Joy replied with a sweet smile as she checked on the Poke Center's System "You're quite early today" she said, walking over to me "I was shocked too" I  said with a sigh "Even though I was kept up by Bonnie, I'm up so early already" she giggled.

"Oh really? she must be excited" I said, leaning over the desk "Yeah, she was, how about Rex? was he excited?" she asked "Yeah, but of course I didn't deal with him, Blue did" I snickered evilly, Serena laughed at that.

Brock then came out of the back, Vulpix in his hands "She was unexpectedly relaxed" he said as I reached my hands out to grab her, which she let me do, holding her close to my chest and gently rubbing her head "Oh! I never knew you had a Vulpix Red" Serena said.

"I don't, I found her in a poachers trap deep in the woods earlier" I said "Poachers trap? Deep in the forest? be honest what time did you actually wake up Red?" Serena asked "Eh? Isn't it 5am?" I asked.

The three Individuals in front of me gave each other a look and shook their head "It's 7 am Red" Brock said, I sweat dropped "I'm actually surprised you came back in just 2 hours" Brock laughed "Shut up, the one day 'walk' in the Forest was a one time thing" I clicked my tongue and left for the Cafeteria "One time thing he said" I heard Brock say to the girls as distanced myself a bit.

After grabbing a bowl of Poke food for Vulpix I decided to scroll through my Ultra dex, letting Vulpix eat to her hearts content "I'll train Corpish and Torkoal today... or should I train Noctowl? Glalie? Gliscor?" I muttered Endlessly "I say Garchomp" someone said behind me "Morning Blue" I greeted without looking at him.

"Not a bad Idea by the way, but I don't own a Fairy type" I said "I mean, Serena has a Sylveon?" Gary said sitting down next to me, only now noticing the Vulpix "Poachers? this early? are you crazy?" He groaned and sat back 'Poacher?' "Pika?" I heard Pikachu ask behind me.

"Yeah, middle of the forest" I said turning to him, and saw Eevee with him 'Any major Injury?' "Eevee Eev?" Eevee asked worried "None thankfully" I said with a soft smile, reaching out to grab the both of them and Introduce them to Vulpix

"Morning everyone" Paul greeted from the lobby, along with Trip of course, "Good morning" Clemont popped up as well, now the only one's missing were Max and Bonnie.

Everyone made small talk with each other in an attempt to not go back upstairs and go back to sleep.

Two 14 year old's came running down the stairs in a hurry "Have they posted it yet?!" they said in unison "Not yet" Gary said as we chuckled "Look at you two, still in Pajamas" I pointed out, looking back at them from my chair in the Cafeteria "We're just excited" Max said.

"We know, but go upstairs and change first" Brock said "okay!" they replied and went back upstairs, but this time they used the elevator "They remind me so much of...him" Serena said out loud, making the other smile sadly "They used to travel with him too" Brock said chuckling softly "Probably look up to him too" Gary chuckled.

I smiled sadly and longingly looked out the window, after a bit, The younger two came back down, properly dressed this time, and greeted everyone a warm good morning, "Now that we're all here let's have breakfast hmm?" Serena recommended and everyone agreed, heading over to where me and Gary were and took up 2 tables.

Everyone took out their Pokémon and started feeding them "Nurse Joy, may I take up the Field for now?" I asked and she nodded, slightly confused "I told you, you should let Professor keep like, Half of your Pokémon Satoshi" Brock Huffed, taking off on the way tot he cafeteria, I waved him off and went out onto the field, the others watching me confused through the window near our table.

I then took out my Ultradex and let out all my Pokémon, Serena, Bonnie, Clemont and Nurse Joy's eyes widened as I just suddenly let out 40 Pokémon in one fell swoop 'Sceptile isn't here so there's only 40, plus Pikachu and Eevee are already out of their Poke ball, and none of the Tauros are here' I thought.

I heard Brock come out with a Tray on wheels, filled with Food "I'll feed them, you go eat" He said and forced me off the field, I scratched the back of my neck and made my way to the Cafeteria, immediately dodging questions from Clemont and Bonnie.

A sudden ringing sound made the Center quiet.

  'Opponents are up'

Updated on 03/19/21(mm/dd/yy)