Chapter 37

Ash's POV

"Alright! as I said, you all will be training today, Greninja, Lucario, Sceptile, Pikachu, you four will do Individual training first, the first test is Speed, you 4 will run here to the Middle of the Forest and back multiple times, this is also an Endurance test, maintain your Stamina Got it?" I asked them, they all nodded "now... Go!" I exclaimed and they started running "alright, for  Oshawott, snivy, Eevee, and Scraggy, for you 4 you will be doing Type Match-ups, Eevee, you will Battle scraggy, Snivy you battle Oshawott, and Bulbasaur you will be having a one on one with me," I said, Bulbasaur nodded and got ready, I have on sweatpants and have my shirt off, though my torso is wrapped in bandages just in case, "Begin!" I said and the 4 began, as Bulbasaur and I waited a minute before Bulbasaur ran to me with his vine whip, trying his best to hit me, but I block his attacks and endure the stinging pain in my arms

Gary's POV

"He sure is training early," I said to myself and checked my UltraDex "They should be coming soon" I murmured and quickly cleaned up and headed down to the Field, I sat down and watched Ash train "Gary! did Jessie call last night?" Ash asked I huffed "I was the one that called, I woke up pretty late" I answered, "well are they Coming?" Ash asked as he dodged Bulbasaur's Vine Whip "Should be here in a little bit" I said as I yawned "You sent Skarmory right?" Ash asked as he did his best enduring the pain of Bulbasaur's Vine whip "Yeah, I would've sent your Charizard but eh, it might be dangerous if it starts to rain" I said "Yeah, Skarmory should be fine" Ash said as he then tangled up Bulbasaur's Vines and made him unable to move "Good, now Again" Ash said, letting his vines go and started to defend from Bulbasaur's Attacks Once again "your hands will start  to bleed with this kind of training" I said "It's fine" he said being stubborn "Now you really shouldn't be stubborn, up on the mountain none of us would be shocked to see your hands covered in blood, but now that we're here, you have Serena to worry about you, Angela, Clemont, Bonnie and more" I told him "I'll be careful then" He said, once again catching Bulbasaur's Vines, I sighed in defeat "I warned you" I said "Yeah, Yeah" He said Before saying "again" To Bulbasaur, my attention was pulled away from him by flapping wings "Look's like they made it safely" I said and stood up, putting my hands out for Skarmory, he Landed in front of me and I gently pet his head "good job bud" i said "Hello to you too Gary" Jessie said hopping off Skarmory "Nice to see you Jessie" I said, she Looked at Ash training "Hi Ketchum" She greeted "Hi Jessie, James, Meowth" Ash greeted as he ducked, I noticed James and Meowth hesitant in talking "you didn't tell them?" I asked "it was in our deal, they didn't have to know," Jessie said, I sighed "You two shouldn't worry about this" I reassured them, they just nodded "What Information did you gather?" I asked "A lot, but we can't talk about that here," Jessie said "Alright, we'll talk about it after Our battle this morning," I said "sounds good to me," she said "Also... aren't you cold?" I asked seeing as Jessie is wearing such a short skirt and a Crop top "I'm used to it" She said "Well you guys should Change anyways, you're still wearing the Team Rocket Uniforms" I said "come, I asked Brock to Borrow an outfit from Nurse Joy in the Meantime for Jessie as for James he can borrow one of our outfits" I said returning skarmory to his Poke Ball "Let's go" I said "Make sure to wrap up your hands before Serena Sees" I told Ash before heading inside to our room, I grabbed the Clothes we borrowed from Nurse Joy and Give it to Jessie "now that I look at you James, I think Brock's Clothes might fit you" I said and grabbed him an outfit "There, you guys can go change in the Bathrooms, there's one in my bedroom which is the 2nd room to the left and here in the living room" I said, they nodded and headed to the Bathrooms "So.. Jessie asked for your help?" Meowth Asked "Yup, she promised to be our spy and gather all the Necessary information on Team Rocket and any of their Upcoming plans, in exchange for our Help," I said, "But why didn't she tell us?" Meowth asked "maybe because she didn't want you two to get involved since there's a possibility that if you all got caught, you'll be killed," I said, his face went pale at the thought of death and nodded, understanding the situation "after Ash disappeared in Mt. silver what did you guys do? from the stories I've heard, you guys are always after him" I asked "We went on stealing other Pokemon, without him in the way, we had an easier time, but even that wasn't enough to please Giovanni" Meowth sighed "But because of that, you're here now, safe with us" I said, suddenly Jessie and James came out "you guys look good, but you still look like 'Jessie' and 'James' of Team rocket" I said "We'll get your appearance adjusted by Serena later" I said "but for now, this is alright" I said and checked the Time "Oh, the opponents should be out now" I said, "It's the last 18 now right?" Jessie asked and I nodded "then tomorrow Top 10, then Top 6, Then Top 4, and eventually Top 2" I said, "Top 10, Top 6, and top 4?" James asked "They'll be adding a Champions in the Mix," I said, "oh I see, to even it out?" James asked, and I nodded, waiting for a certain someone to wake up "Uhm... is there somebody we're waiting for?" James Asked " Yeah, we have to wait for Max, he'll manage you three until the discussion later," I said "Oh is he not attending the tournament?" Meowth asked "He is, but we usually trust new people with him since he is more interesting to have around than us, he is younger," I said "after dealing with Ketchum for a while I can say you guys are more interesting than anybody here," Jessie said, "Is that so?"