XIV.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ moments of magic and wonder seems so hard to find

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
moments of magic and wonder
seems so hard to find.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE LAB WAS BRIGHT and smelled way too clean, everything white and spotless, so unlike the comforting setting of jimins lab back at the warehouse. the lights above were blinding and almost made the place look like an asylum other than a scientific laboratory where knowledge should be born rather than suppressed by medications and inferiority.

jimin followed behind jina, his visitors badge bouncing against his chest with each step. "thank you again yohan for giving us a tour." the girl smiled sweetly to the boy on her left, he was nervous and smiled, fixing his lab coat shyly as they turned a corner in the hall.

"oh no problem, jina, you know you're welcome anytime." yohan said, "this way." he pushed open a door into a bigger room with rows of metal tables and computers set up on the middle two. jimin tried not let his jaw drop too far to the floor.

"so in here, we have the operating systems for the plasma oven where the carbon is pressed and heated to create the diamond atoms." yohan continued the tour and showed around the room. a small group of people were sitting around a certain computer and obviously figuring some issue out, that was evident through the rubbing of temples and numerous frustrated sighs.

"he should be here to fix this, i can't believe he called out sick for the whole week." one of the guys complained, sitting back in the seat.

jina was grabbing a piece of gum from her purse and paused, shoving the container of pills for intestinal discomfort down further, a secret little smile on her lips knowing very well their friend would be out for longer.

jimin was also listening, knowing very well this was his cue and yoongi was sitting back at the lab doing his hacking to cause issues here right now. so, with everyone counting on him, jimin wiped his palms on the sides of his jeans and approached the group of guys. "uh, excuse me?" he said.

the four guys looked up and one rose an eyebrow, "can we help you?" they seemed unamused with his presence, he was standing and they were all seated but jimin still felt like they were looking down on him.

that made him angry, so jimin leaned over and scanned the page on the computer, almost laughing at how simple the problem was. "you're doing this all wrong." he stood back straighter, "you have to create a whole new source library and PDS to access the mainframe and fix the data points to the plasma oven."

yohan came walking over and looked at the computer, "are you serious? you guys haven't started on the project?"

the guys looked nervous now and shrugged, "the systems were down and instructions weren't going to the oven, we don't know why and seungmin wasn't here to fix it." one tried to make up an excuse for all of them, despite the issue already being clear to one guy who doesn't even work there.

"can you handle this?" yohan asked jimin, who was standing there with sweaty palms and a beating heart praying everything went smoothly. this was exactly what he needed. "absolutely." jimin said, grabbing an empty chair and sitting down in front of the computer.

"i'll talk to my boss, let him know you'll be here." yohan said while he took out his phone, "go make yourself useful somewhere else." he shooed the other guys away who eventually left with frowns and annoyed glances at the shorter boy. jimin ignored that and took a deep breath as he started to type on the computer.

jina walked by and gave his shoulder a squeeze, "text me when you're done." she whispered, following yohan back out the door and on with the tour.

no one was really paying attention to him, but jimin was still happy his hair had grown out a little, it was easier to make it less conspicuous when he reached up to stick the ear wig in. "hey, can you hear me?" he whispered quietly, opening one of the systems programs and a few more tabs of the security detail to get into the computers mainframe.

"loud and clear." yoongi said from his spot in the lab back at the warehouse. he was waiting to hear from the other and looked over at jungkook who was in the other room. yoongi waved at him through the glass and the ravenette came walking in seconds later.

"he's in?" jungkook asked, looking over the older boys shoulder.

"mhm," he hummed, "in a second we'll be able to see what he sees." yoongi said, explaining what jimin was doing as he plugged a small flash drive into the computer and mirrored his screen with the one at the warehouse.

"thank you jimin, i can see it clearly." yoongi said and started to type, accessing the inventory of the plasma oven and natural carbon gas they had at the lab. jungkook watched and tried to follow as the two did their thing on the computers, miles apart but somehow working in sync and succeeding very well. "you look like you have it handled." jungkook said and grabbed his jacket.

"if anything comes up i'll let you know." yoongi said as his eyes didn't leave the screen.

the ravenette just nodded and tugged on the jacket as he walked through the glass doors and towards the door. he thought of jimin, sitting there in the lab with his eyes running over the screen and doing what he does best, and jungkook couldn't help but smile at that.

it was nearing 5 pm as he stepped out of the alley and walked down the sidewalk. the sun was out but the sky was turning orange and soon pink, which would drip into pretty purples and darker blues.

the cafe wasn't that far now, his boots hitting the sidewalk in steady rhythm and light breeze blowing his bangs back from his forehead. jungkook checked his watch, still early.

he knew he had to get there early. it would take a minute for him to clear his thoughts and suppress any emotions that felt like arising, the contradictions of those emotions and his actions that have been wreaking more havoc then they should have.

jungkook was getting frustrated with himself, and it's only been a week into his job. there was no time for him to stop and get a control of this, he was suppose to be professional.

there was an attempt to remind himself of this, repeating the phrase in his mind that this was a job and this was his assignment to learn more, and he nodded to himself as he sat down at the same table as before and waited patiently.

a worker came by and gave him a coffee, black, and jungkook sipped at the hot liquid without bothering for it to cool.

focus. he reminded himself, this was a job, he needed to start acting like it.

but all that evaporated the second the cafe door opened and the little bell rang signaling a new customer entered. because he had to walk in looking like that, with a soft beanie covering his curls and a big coat that covered his small frame, and a smile lighting up his face when they made eye contact. jungkook felt his stomach twist as taehyung pulled off his coat and walked over, sitting down across from him with bright eyes and pretty lips.

"hey." taehyung smiled, all that joy reaching his eyes as he remembered the call he got earlier and the invite from the handsome ravenette to meet him here.

damn it. jungkooks mind went blank, there were no schemes and strategies and ploys to deceit running around frantically. he just smiled, a genuine one, and leaned back in his seat to watch the brunette. "hey."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i'm going to be updating a lot
so get ready folks