XXVII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ and so it begins

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
and so it begins.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE MARBLED FLOORS were hypnotizing to stare at. taehyung tended to find himself watching the pattern and swirls of golden color within the white until his sight would blur together and he neither fell over. he should probably stop.

"you can go in now." the woman said. she was sitting behind a small desk, posture just as perfect as the ironed pencil skirt going down to her pale knees.

taehyung just nodded and stood from the black sofa, pushing open one of the large wooden doors to his father's office, an extended room to the nicest suite in the hotel. only the best for himself of course. "good afternoon father." he said it like a recording, emotionless and too well practiced.

"have a seat." mr. kim said as his eyes never left one of the papers from a stack of many sitting on his desk. taehyung was never quite sure what he did in here, maybe just reading the same line to make it appear as if he was busy and actually had priorities. he did as he was told and sat down in one of the chairs on the opposite side of the desk. "have you been reading up on those contracts irene brought down to you?"

taehyung played with his fingers. he could see the untouched folders on the coffee table in his suite. "i gave them a look, yes." he lied.

"you'll listen in on a meeting soon about plans to expand our location. thailand is an ideal choice at the moment." his father continued to speak business, more hotels popping up in places where they weren't needed, only to cater to the rich and rub it into the locals faces.

taehyung would just nod along, his attention was only caught when a certain event was brought up. "the speeches for the siwol gala are being finished up, you need to look them over. make sure we are being mentioned properly and represented as good hosts for the world jewels." his father finally looked up at him, glasses on the end of his nose.

he tried, he really did. something smart needed to come to his mind as his dad stared at him for a response, but all taehyung could think about was jungkook and suddenly everything he's been doing these past weeks hit him like truck. "okay." he squeaked out.

there was a nod and taehyung knew he was dismissed. god the boy couldn't get out of there quick enough. he suddenly was realizing how much more he knew and that he was practically handing his father's reputation to jungkook on a silver platter just to be destroyed. the worst part of all of this, was that taehyung didn't feel bad at all.

there was no guilt sitting in his chest as he went back up to his suite and ate a quick a snack. there was none after he changed into something more comfortable, reluctantly leaving a good smelling hoodie that was once the ravenettes, and there was still no guilt as he read over one of the speeches and made sure his father's ego was stroked enough. taehyung continued his day as usual, nothing but the same routine and only a little smile on his lips thinking about the small act of rebellion he was kind of a part of.

just one more. all he had to do was read one more speech and then he could leave to meet jungkook. there was a soft knock on the suite door and taehyung stepped back to wait patiently. it opened swiftly and the man smiled as he welcomed him inside, "you're father told me you'd be stopping by, he was too busy to come himself."

"yes, thank you." the brunette walked inside and followed the taller male into the living room where they both took a seat.

a few sheets of paper lay out on the dark wooden coffee table. "this is the final version." sunwoo said.

taehyung just hummed and picked up the piece of paper, starting to scan over the brown-nose kisses and compliments meant to just suck up to everyone and make himself look better. that must be a hobby with everyone in this place. all he had was maybe a paragraph left, just a few more lines and he could leave-

"taehyung, it's good to see you." seohyun had walked into the room, a robe hung over her thin frame and soft slippers covered her feet.

"honey put some clothes on, there's guests." sunwoo told her.

she ignored him, doing her to her own wish as she sat beside the brunette on the couch. with one leg crossed over the other, she leaned closer to taehyung to peer over his shoulder. "i read it once though as well, it sounded great to me. sunwoo has always been good with words." seohyun of course couldn't hold back from throwing in a few compliments of the man.

"mhm, it's good." taehyung was trying really hard to finish the speech. it was turning out to be difficult with her chest pressed so close to his arm.

"you know who else was also very good with words?" she continued to go on, except her voice dropped to just over a whisper. sunwoo had left to the kitchen, as usual, it was never too early for a glass of whiskey.

the brunette was still very uninterested with what she had to say, only humming again in response and still trying to focus on the ink in front of him.

"jeon jungkook." there was a little smirk on her lips, she knew what she was trying to do and felt a little arrogant when seeing the boy tense at the name. "he always had a way with words, especially when he's down on one knee."

that definitely peaked his interest. well, anything about the handsome ravenette would always steal away his focus. taehyung sat back more and rose an eyebrow. he knew she would keep talking.

"it was adorable really. i guess only rejection makes him speechless." seohyun said. "i'm sure sunwoo will pick out a bigger ring since he knows what a woman really deserves."

it was the first time in his entire life that taehyung ever considered wiping someone's smug look off their face with a brick. the fact that jungkook was nearly engaged didn't occur to taehyung, or that he didn't mention it, or that the ravenette actually liked anyone else before him. it was the fact that someone could be so rude and hurtful to a person as good as jungkook — given he's a technically a criminal, but one with a good heart. taehyung was a little biased.

"i wish you the best." taehyung said, a tight lipped smile on his face as he stood and left the speech on the table. it sounded amazing after listening to that woman speak.

he wasn't even able to say goodbye to sunwoo, all he did was leave as quick as he could. jungkook hasn't called or texted him yet, he must've been busy, most likely at the warehouse. taehyungs heart was beating fast in his chest, he just had to talk to him. they've only spent a few weeks together, but something must have rubbed off on him, because taehyung could keep the idea out of his head. it was a good one, one that needed some work, but it would get someone what they deserved, and the brunette couldn't stop the mischievous smile threatening to show.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬