XXXVII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ the verdict is just guilty

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
the verdict is just guilty.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

IT WAS ON THE NEWS all that next morning. he thought he would be concerned, but taehyung really couldn't help but smile a little as he heard the whispers and quiet murmur of televisions throughout the lobby as he walked through it as usual.

she was just sitting there, in the same spot with the same healthy breakfast and small cup of tea beside her. seohyun was a very predictable person. jungkook took his time explaining this, she was easy to manipulate and easy to read. it wasn't that hard to get what you wanted. all it took was a subtle jab from jina last night to make her feel a little ordinary.

seohyun has her engagement ring on her hand that morning after accusing her boyfriend from not treating her well enough. it was toxic, and tragic for sunwoo, but right now it's what's they needed. 

"hey, you're up early." taehyung smiled politely at the woman and took a seat across from her.

she nodded and set the newspaper down, casually holding her hands on her laps in a very display-like way. "the eggs benedict is to die for." she took another bite of the food after speaking, glancing up at the brunette and raising an eyebrow.

"oh, i was just looking for this lady from last night." taehyung remembered his lines he practiced that morning in jungkooks kitchen. "she had on a navy blue dress, black hair and pretty hands." he started to describe jinas outfit from the night before, noticing how visibly uncomfortable the lady across from him became. "my father wants a photo with me and a woman holding one of the invitations for the website. good press and stuff."

"i'll take it." seohyun offered, any chance to stick her face into some press or hotel concept was right up her alley. jungkook knew she would offer.

"wow that is so helpful." taehyung smiled innocently and got up to sit beside her. he pulled out his phone and one of the invitations form inside his jacket pocket. the diamond on her ring finger stood out like a sore thumb, all big and shiny and looking identical to the l'incomparable necklace that's plastered on every news station.

a man passing by was nice enough to take their photo, and only leaving once seohyun approved it. taehyung noticed how she zoomed in to make sure her ring was being shown off. it was must have been nice, knowing very well she was set financially for life now that she was marrying into it. the thought brought a bad taste into his mouth, but he smiled anyways and bit his goodbyes.

"disgusting." he mumbled, shoving the invitation back into his pocket as he left the hotel and skipped across the road. jungkooks car was parked there, waiting for him as usual and taehyung smiled in habit.