XVII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ beware the fury of a patient man

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
beware the fury of a patient man.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE CARPETS were a deep red color, gold detail along the edges spiraling in patterns and trails all the way down the hall. jimin walked with his hands tucked in the pockets of his dress pants, doing his best to act like he knew where he was going.

"that's the third one just in this hall." yoongis voice came through the little device in the boys ear, startling him slightly.

"good thing we're not pulling anything here." jimin spoked quietly, no one was in the hall with him, but he still didn't wan to seem odd for talking to himself.

yoongi hummed and adjusted his view on the hall, switching to a camera further down and seeing jimin walk into the frame. the boy was lightly chewing on his bottom lip, the nerves visible in his expression. "relax. i've got your back kid." the older boy said, glancing at another monitor to see the location of security and various other hotel personnel.

he visibly took a deep breath, pulling his hands from his pockets and adjusting the little bow at his neck. "this is the room." jimin said, glancing at the suite on the right and continuing to walk. stopping would have seemed odd, someone else was staying there.

the door to the stairs was right there, and all jimin had to do was open it and walk back down to the lobby and disappear amongst everyone else until he met up with jungkook. except, what was a day without an obstacle. he asked himself that as he looked down for a second, the pretty carpet somewhat intriguing when it didn't need to be. and the doors open, but he didn't touch it yet.

the brunette was stumbling back up with a glass of champagne and silly smile, thinking about someone who didn't want to leave his thoughts, just making himself comfy up there. "woah!" the boy knocked into the other and nearly dropped his drink as he stumbled to the side to avoid a collision.

"i'm sorry i wasn't looking!" jimin apologized and held his hand to his chest. he was so on edge, this isn't what his little heart needed.

"no it was me, don't worry." the boy smiled, "i'm taehyung!" he introduced himself, holding out the hand that wasn't occupied with pink bubbly champagne.

if his face wasn't familiar enough, then the name definitely did it. he was the son of mr. kim, the man that owns the usan, the one they were setting up. jimin remembers seeing pictures and articles on the boy during his few nights of deep research. "nice to meet you." he shook his hand and smiled as well. "is the party really that boring?"

taehyung glanced at the drink in his hand and laughed lightly. "aren't they always? how long do you last."

he was confused for a second, and then realized this guy thinks he's actually a guests and attends these things regularly. yoongi was laughing at him and jimin did his best not to shout some profanities at his hyung.