Under the Waves

A/N: Here's another fulfilling one shot, this time when you are a traveller and your one true love is a merman! Enjoy~

I do not know the artist of this lovely picture on Pinterest, please don't kill me T-T

*first person perspective*

I awakened, coughing up water from my lungs. Groaning, I wearily opened my eyes to find myself soaked and on shore. What happened? Did I have one too many? Suddenly, it all came flooding back into me. There was a nasty storm, I got washed off my boat, I thought I was dead. How come I am still alive? Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a fish's tail. That's way too big for a normal fish that I've seen... wait, this isn't a fish! "Are you alright?" a voice asked, laced with concern. I looked up at the person who saved me. He had long, raven hair that went just past his shoulders, a neatly trimmed beard and beautiful chocolate eyes. Looking down at the tail and him again, I realised that he's no human, but a merman!

"Yeah, I'm okay," I uttered out, blushing in the process. Not gonna lie, he is rather handsome, especially since he is shirtless, revealing his muscles. "Who... are you?" I asked. "My name is Hanzo, first son of Sojiro, King of the sea," he answered, "and you are?" "(Your name)," I said, sitting up, "it's nice to meet you." I held out my hand for him to shake, but Hanzo just looked at it in confusion. "Oh! You take my hand and bring it up and down gently," I instructed him, "it's how we introduce ourselves." Hanzo gingerly took my hand in his. His hands are so large... and strong. We stared into each other's eyes for a brief moment only to immediately blink and snap out of my trance. "Are you sure you're not a siren? You're not gonna sing and lure me to my death?" I questioned. "No, no! Do not worry, I would never harm you," Hanzo responded with a smile, instantly calming me.

We chatted for a long while. We spoke of experiences we've had, our futures, family members, even our favourite things. "I should probably find my boat, hopefully it won't be too far," I said. "What, are you going to swim half the sea to find it?" Hanzo asked. I smiled sheepishly, feeling a bit dumb. "Why don't we find it together?" he suggested, slinking into the water and holding out a hand. What crazy idea has he got in his head? Finding the courage, I took his hand, only to just hear him say, "hold your breath and grab onto me."

Not a moment to spare, the next thing I could register was myself latching onto Hanzo's back and gliding through the ocean. His tail effortlessly pushed past the currents, swishing his beautiful hair around. I felt giddy, it's as if I was flying. Seeing a familiar hull, I pointed upwards to it so that Hanzo swam to it. We both broke the surface, with myself taking in oxygen for my almost burning lungs. "There it is!" I exclaimed, "thank you so much for helping me find my boat!" I wrapped my arms around him in a hug, startling him for a moment. Hanzo eventually settled down and returned the hug. "I know we just met, but I really want to see you again some time," I muttered sadly. I had nice a nice time with him. "I am flattered to hear you say that," he replied with that smile once again, "I am certain that we will see each other again." Hanzo planted his lips onto my cheek. "Oh, I'll definitely find you again," I said, mirroring his grin. "I look forward to it," he responded, "I wish you safe travels, my dear."

The End!

A/N: I can tell that it's not as fancy as my other ones, but it's worth a shot! I may even do a part 2 later on, stay tuned! Cheers~