Workplace Abuse

A/N: Back at it again with another one shot! I'll tell you now, this hasn't happened to me in real life, but it does happen to our fellow workers who constantly work hard in making everyone happy. They get verbally and physically abused by impatient customers, and that makes them frightened to go back to work. In this crisis, we are all trying our best in keeping calm and helping each other out. We'll get through this together... now please enjoy this one shot~

Artist credit: Kukki on Tumblr

I would never think this of all things would happen to me. One moment I was happily supervising my area, making sure to help out customers from time to time. The next moment I was on the ground, covering my face with my arms while an angry woman used her fists instead of her words. The taste of copper infiltrated my mouth... is my nose broken? I just answered her question saying that we have no hand sanitiser left, that's all. It took two staff members and the security guard to pry her off me. Tears stung my eyes as I began to tremble, using Will and Ellie's shoulders for support to get up. "Are you okay?" Will asked me with a worried expression. "Yeah... maybe," I replied breathlessly. "(Your name), I think you need to go home for the day," Ellie says. "No, I can't possibly-" "(Your name)," Ellie interrupted me, placing her hands on my shoulders, "we have plenty of staff to cover you. Go home. Wash up and recover, okay?" I meekly nodded my head and hummed out a "yes".

I carefully pulled into the driveway, letting out a broken breath. What's Hanzo going to say about this? After a few minutes of thinking, I finally stepped out of my car and unlocked the door to our house. "You're home early," I heard Hanzo's voice call from the kitchen. He turned his head to flash a smile, however that smile instantly vanished when he saw my bruised and battered face. The smash of his teacup made me flinch. "My love, who did this to you?!" Hanzo cried, immediately dashing over to where I stood. I couldn't speak... all I could do was sob, tears spilling out.

Hanzo was very gentle in cleaning up my face. While he gave me some painkillers, I told him what had happened. Surprisingly, he took it well, he didn't look angry about it, which I'm glad he remained calm. "I know that times are tough for everyone right now, but we just need to be strong," he says, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I happily curled up against him. "We do indeed," I agreed, "not everyone is well receptive to the changes." "They will be, I promise," Hanzo swore, "you are just doing your job. All of those people you serve each day... they commend you for being there for them. You are truly making a difference." I chuckled out a "thanks" while he planted his lips on my forehead. We can get through this and beat the virus... if we all just work together.

The End

A/N: I'm slowly getting back into writing again, so be sure to stay tuned for more! Stay safe, lovelies! <3