New Year's Eve

A/N: What's this? I'm finally writing again? Yessss! :D hope you all have a happy new year!

Also this art is super wholesome, our favourite bros deserve to be happy~

Artist credit: animeamie on Tumblr

*first person perspective*

Man, I can't believe it's almost 2020! Time goes by way too quickly! A lot has happened in the decade that's about to end, for me, and for Hanzo. The decade has been tough for him. Believing his brother Genji was murdered by his own hands, finding out he was alive all this time, and healing from everything he's been through. He is slowly beginning to forgive himself and he's more comfortable in dropping his fortress to people other than myself. It makes me really happy to see him grow and smile.

After eating our third day of Christmas leftovers for dinner, Hanzo and I spoke about our resolutions. Very cheesy conversation starter, I know, but it's always a good discussion to have. "I'll start," I said, sitting up straight, "for 2020, I really wanna climb up the ranks to be a commander of Overwatch! I also want to travel not for missions, but to go places for holidays! What about you, Han?" "Hmm..." Hanzo hummed, lightly scratching his goatee, "I honestly wish to be closer with my brother, like we did before... I want to gather up the courage to talk to him more and rekindle our brotherhood together." I pressed my hands to my mouth to hide my wide smile. I smothered him in a hug, chittering about how cute he was to say that, but also saying how proud I was of him. He's come so far from being a stony, grumpy, dead-serious dude to a peaceful, wiser and kinder man.

(December 31st, 2019)

Hanzo and I met with Genji and Zenyatta on the bridge in Hanamura. Both of their metallic bodies felt warm as I embraced them. Despite the many crowds of locals and tourists squeezed on the bridge, the four of us managed to stick together (you could say that Genji's glowing lights were our guide). It wasn't long until the fireworks. I huddled up to Hanzo, bubbling with excitement. "You know how we were talking about the future?" Hanzo asked, "this future... I cannot imagine one second of my future without you. And redemption... that came the moment I met you." I smiled, feeling his gloved hands on my cheeks. Everyone started to count down, but I was too busy swimming in the chocolate of his eyes to shout with them. "Hanzo... I don't know what to say," I stammered, water stinging my eyes. He gave out a chuckle. "You don't need to."

He placed his lips onto mine. It was like fireworks were going off inside my heart... oh, wait. (;P) I paid no attention to the deafening cheers of the crowd, it was just the two of us in our own little world. We kept kissing until we heard Genji clearing his throat. "Happy 2020!!" Genji cried, waving his arms around and giving Hanzo a bro hug. Colours continued to brighten up the sky as people oooh-ed and aaah-ed at the spectacle. Hanzo leaned down to kiss me once again, a full-grown smile on his lips. "This is our year, this is our decade," he murmured, resting his forehead onto mine.

"Happy new year, my blossom."

The End!

A/N: I loved writing up this one! I hope 2020 will give you a bright future with infinite possibilities. Look after yourselves, exercise, eat well and be sure to get lots of sleep because I'm writing this wayyy after midnight! XD

Take care, cheers! <3