Found

A/N: HEYYY IT'S BEEN AGES WOO! :D
Apologies for my absence, and I'm not dead! :)
This is a one shot inspired from a song called "Found" from Steven Universe The Movie. If you and Hanzo had a musical number together, this would be it. Enjoy!

In Overwatch 2, we better get a reconciliation scene between Hanzo and Genji, they both deserve to be happy!

Art by the incredible aiden.lydia on Instagram~

*first person perspective*

Hanzo just couldn’t face Genji after seeing him again in a decade. I sighed, seeing yet another empty chair in front of the table. “Genji, how was your reunion with your brother?” Zenyatta the omnic monk asked the ninja. “He is still not ready for time to flow forward again,” Genji answered sadly. Even though he still had his visor on, I can see the sorrow emanating from the greenness. “I’m going to talk to him,” I said, standing up. Genji raised an arm to stop me, but I was already on my way to his room. Knocking on his door, I called out Hanzo’s name.

I didn’t get a reply. “Hanzo…?” I called again. I broke out into a sweat, dashing for the teleportation pad. “Athena, tell me where Hanzo is!” I commanded. “I’m sorry, but I cannot give out Hanzo’s location,” she answered. Why not? Did he tell her not to do her job?? “Athena, override 4035,” I ordered. Athena did her best to fight against my hack, but she gave in either way. “Hanzo is travelling to Watchpoint: Gibraltar,” she finally answered. “Take me there, please,” I say, stepping onto the pad.

“Now arriving at Watchpoint: Gibraltar,” her metallic voice rang out. I stepped off the teleportation pad, easily finding Hanzo sitting at a ledge with a bottle of sake. “Hey-” I called, but was cut off by his voice, “I thought I told Athena not to give out my location! What are you, some kind of hacker?” “I just know the system,” I shot back, stepping over to him. Even with his back turned to me, I can tell that Hanzo is crumbling apart, just a shell of a man who once had honour. He is desperate for redemption. “Hanzo, come back to the base,” I begged, “a new life awaits you…”

Someday, somewhere, somehow…
You’ll love again, you just need to find someone.

I gently placed a hand on his shoulder. “You can start over with your brother, with new friends,” I muttered, “you can start again with me.”

Someday, somewhere, somehow…
You’ll/I’ll love again, you/I just need to find someone…

Hanzo takes my hand, allowing me to lift him off the ground and help him stand.

Someone who treats you/me better, someone who wants you/me around.
Someday, somewhere, somehow, you’re/I’m gonna feel found.

I guide him back to the teleportation pad, taking us back to the base. Hanzo gently lifts up my hand to lightly kiss my fingers. “The only way for time to flow forward is to make it flow forward yourself,” Hanzo utters. “So, you’re gonna…” I trailed off in excitement, with Hanzo confirming my answer with a nod of his head. I smiled with joy, jumping into his arms for a hug, for which he accepts.

“Thank you.”

Today, right here, right now, I already feel found.

The End!

A/N: I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and let's kick 2020 in the ass like a boss!!
Hope to write more to you lovelies, cheers! <3