CHAPTER 17

BO-YOUNG

I walk into the living room, a scowl prominent on my face. Hoseok shoots me a casual heart-shaped smile as I approach him, the mug of tea in my hands. I place it on the coffee table before making my way to Jungkook, sitting down next to him.

"So, Bo-young. We were thinking that we could watch something," Jungkook suggests, gesturing at the television with his coffee mug.

"Did you have anything in mind?" I ask him, leaning back comfortably. He shakes his head. "Well, I was watching this show while you were at work. I only got one episode in, though. It's called Castle Rock."

"Castle Rock?" Hoseok asks, not having heard of it before.

"It's that the TV show in the Stephen King multiverse?" Taehyung asks, a pondering look on his face.

"Yes, and it's really good from what I've seen so far," I say, excited that at least one of the people here knows it.

"Stephen King? So it's horror?" Hoseok asks, his voice wavering. "I can... handle horror. Yes, I can!" he hypes himself up.

"It's more psychological horror than gore and slasher," I tell him, turning to face him a bit before looking at the television. Jungkook is navigating through HBO trying to find it. "There, that one," I point at the gloomy icon which I recognize to be the correct one. Jungkook scrolls to it and presses play on episode one.

"Now, don't you worry, Bo-young," Hoseok says, acting casual. "I'll protect you from the monsters."

I snort, seeing his hands tremble. I say: "Don't worry, it's really not bad."

"I'm not worried about me," he squeaks.

During the duration of the episode, I notice Hoseok inching closer. His lips are pursed and his eyes are wide, waiting for a jump scare to come at any second. As he gets closer, I get impatient. I scoot over to his and give a reassuring scratch to his ears. He seems to melt into the scratches, his eyes closing as he becomes distracted from the show.

I hear a loud shriek from Hoseok, causing Jungkook, Taehyung and I to jump. The credits begin to play and Jungkook pauses it.

"You know, this was much more startling to watch with you," I mutter to Hoseok, who seems to be fine, if not a bit shook up. He gives me a sorry smile as I lift my hand from his head. I know it's rude to pet a hybrid without asking for permission, but I was getting really tired of the slow scooting.

"Hoseok here isn't the best with scary things," Taehyung laughs.

"Yeah, one time we took him to see a horror movie in the theatres, one of those shitty cash grabs, and he wouldn't stop shrieking," Jungkook snorts.

"We were escorted out of the theatre." The two are now howling with laughter as they recount moments of cowardice regarding Hoseok, who is hiding his face from embarrassment as he occasionally laughs with them.

"I can't deal with romcoms," I pitch in once the laughter dies down. "My late owner used to show them to me to see me cackle at them. Never got to go to a theatre, though."

I hear Hoseok and Taehyung snort at my confession.

"You've never been to a movie theatre?" Jungkook asks in bewilderment. I sake my head no, giggling quietly at his expression.

"We could go see Ad Astra-" Taehyung suggests, but is instantly shot down by a chorus of "nope" from both Hoseok and me.

"I'm terrified of space," we say, almost in sync, but not really. Jungkook breathily laughs at the reaction.

"We could go see..." he thinks for a moment, "the Aladdin remake? It's been memed to death, but I'm sure it's not as bad as some people would have you believe."

"Sure, I'm down for that, although I am not sure what you meant by 'memed'," I say. I can hear Jungkook gasp.

"I'm going to need to educate you," he says, whipping out his phone. Taehyung snatches it and taps a couple of times on the screen.

"Later. I'm going to buy the tickets," Taehyung says as he navigates the phone. "Aha, here. Row 6, seats 9 to 12."

"How many seats are there?" I ask, surprised that there are so many.

"It's so adorable that you don't know a thing about movie theatres," he scratches my ear before stealing back his phone.

"It's not my fault," I whine, shaking my head to get my ears back into a comfortable position.

"Never said it was."

"Jungkook, Bo-young," Taehyung starts, a mischievous smirk on his face, "how would you two feel about going for a run?"

"What?" both Jungkook and I ask at the same time, confused at why Taehyung would suggest that.

"You see, it's around 6:45 pm, and the movie starts at-" Taehyung stalls, "ah, yes, 7 on the dot."

It is silent for a moment before Hoseok, Jungkook and I scramble to stand up, all three of us putting our shoes on and pulling Taehyung up, who is now limp.

"Taehyung, you lil shit!" Jungkook curses as we fail to get him to the door. He finally gives in, standing up and slipping on his shoes too, leading us all out of the elevator.

Earlier today I promised that I would never run this fast again, yet here I am, struggling to keep up with these tall men. I'm running, while they are merely just jogging. Hoseok slows his pace to match mine, looking like he's just speed walking as I struggle to breathe.

"Are you taking pity on me?" I wheeze out, dragging my feet on the pavement with every lousy step I take. Hoseok chuckles at either my comment or how I wheezed it out. He's not even breaking a sweat from jogging. "How are you not dead?"

"I dance," he shrugs. "It's much more intense than jogging."

I stop, leaning on the nearest wall. Jungkook and Taehyung, having noticed that both Hoseok and I are missing, turn around and walk over to us casually.

"Good choice of building, Bo-young," Jungkook laughs. I look up at the building I'm leaning against, reading the large sign in the front.

Oh for fuck's sake. 

1031 words

(This fic is 100% filler. Oops.)