CHAPTER 45

BO-YOUNG

"Bo-young, hurry up! The taxi won't wait forever," Jungkook shouts from the living room. He's been ready for five minutes now, while I've been struggling to comb out the tangles in my hair.

"Just give me a minute!" I squeak, pushing out of the door and rushing to put my shoes on. I pull on my jacket and rush out of the house, leaving Jungkook in the vestibule. He follows a few seconds after me.

I shiver as the wind blows through my still tangled hair. I hold the small comb in my hand, doing my best to pull it through my hair as I climb into the orange taxi. Jungkook climbs in through the other side, giving his destination to the driver, who promptly takes off.

"Do you want help with that?" Jungkook asks after noticing me still struggling with my hair.

"Maybe," I reply before handing him the comb. Jungkook begins to untangle the large knot on the back of my head.

"Maybe next time, you shouldn't take a nap in the middle of the day," Jungkook says casually, but I know him well enough to tell when he's poking fun at me.

"Don't judge me and my sleep schedule. I've seen you lounging on the couch in the middle of the day fast asleep on multiple occasions," I retort. Jungkook tugs slightly with the comb, eliciting a yelp from me.

"When I have bed head, it's charming in an endearing way. You, on the other hand, get tangles," he mutters.

After a few minutes, he stops combing. With a victorious smile, he hands me back the comb. I feel the back of my head to find no knot there anymore.

"Thank you," I say, leaning back into the seat with a tired yawn.

"That's another side effect of napping in the middle of the day," he pauses for a moment. "Tiredness."

"It'll pass. I didn't want to be tired in the restaurant. I plan on enjoying every second of the live music and pizza," I justify, but Jungkook doesn't seem to be listening to me anymore. Instead, he's looking out of the window and checking his watch.

"We might be a few minutes late," he mumbles. He turns to look at me, taking out my scarf from his pocket and handing it to me. "I thought you might need this. It keeps getting colder and colder, so you need to start remembering to dress warmly."

"It is getting cold. I wonder if it'll snow anytime soon. It'd be nice to have a snowy Christmas," I say, remembering Grace's stories about snowy American Christmases. Apparently, there is way more snow in America than there is here.

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas~" Jungkook sings hushedly. I smack my hand onto my heart, acting as if I were passing out.

"That reminds me, when does December start?" I ask, not thinking to check my phone. Jungkook takes out his phone, a slightly surprised look on his face.

"Tomorrow," he tells me, a mall smile on his face. "Say, how about we hang up some lights tomorrow? To celebrate December 1st, you know?" he suggests.

"Sounds fun. Do you have lights?" I ask him. He nods.

"I have some light, but not as many as last year. Taehyung poached some from me last year, and he still hasn't returned them," Jungkook tells me, chuckling slightly.

"Maybe you could invite Taehyung and Hoseok for some hot chocolate tomorrow. Tae could return the lights while he's at it," I suggest. "I think it'd be fun to hang lights with them, especially since we haven't seen them in what seems like a month."

Jungkook laughs before correcting me. "It's only been a week."

"I'd argue that it's been a week and a half," I say.

The taxi stops, pulling over by the side of the road. Junkook pays the driver and steps out, walking over to my side of the car and opening the door for me.

"Milady," he says in an exaggeratedly posh British accent, extending a hand to help me out. I laugh, accepting his hand. He pulls me up and closes the door, the taxi driving away quickly after.

"So, where's this pizza jazz place?" I ask. Jungkook points up to a classy white sign just a few feet away from us. On the white light-up sign reads Pjazza.

"Classy, is it not?" Jungkook comments as he begins to walk towards the large glass double doors.

"Quite," I reply, walking in with him.

The inside is dim and candlelit. Tables are lined up in front of a small stage, where an assortment of instruments is. People are chatting amongst themselves, most of them waiting for the band to begin to play again. A waiter dressed in a slick white uniform approaches us.

"How may I help you?" the man asks.

"We've got a reservation under the name of Jeon," Jungkook tells the man. He nods, leading us to the only free table. After we sit down, he lights the candle in the middle of the table, sets down two menus, and then leaves.

As we look through the menu, the band takes the stage. The three men and one woman all pick up their instruments and soon begin to play. I look up at Jungkook, who was already looking up at me. He gives me a small smile before looking down at the menu.