CHAPTER 53

(Idols and actors/actresses used in this story are simply names and faces. Their personalities and mannerisms will not be accurate. I'm not making an effort to make them accurate.)

BO-YOUNG

"Hey, bunny."

I turn around, startled. Behind me stands the owner of the voice. Long dark hair frames the woman's face nicely. Her dark eyes stare at me, a friendly smile on her face. When she sees me, her polite smile turns into a toothy grin. It's hard to recognize her without the ominous flickering streetlamp hiding her.

"It's you-" I say breathily, not believing my luck.

"Yes, it is. In fact, this is my gallery," she says, the grin on her face unchanging. "Well, no. The gallery isn't mine, but the pieces are."

"Yes, I know," I mumble, still in shock from running into her.

Suddenly, her smile turns into a pout.

"You never called me," she whines sadly. "I waited, hoping we'd meet the next day as we agreed, but you never called. You said you'd call me when you knew your schedule, but that never happened."

My eyes widen as I remember. "Oh sh- I'm sorry. Jungkook and I went on a trip shortly after our encounter. I kind of..." I struggle to think of a valid excuse. "Forgot. I forgot."

The smile returns to her face, but this time it's not as cheery. "How about you make it up to me by going out for a coffee with me now. It's not night, there's no rain, and we're not under a creepy flickering light," she suggests.

In all honesty, she doesn't seem so bad. She's quite pretty, and also seems composed and less creepy. Something is unnerving about her insisting to be my friend, though.

"I'd love to, but I'm with a friend," I tell her as I point at Taehyung. She turns to look at him before quickly turning back to me, a look of both surprise and realization on her face.

"Is he Jungkook?" she asks, whispering to me as if we were best friends. I shake my head.

"That's Jungkook's friend. We're here to rent the space," I tell her. She gives me a quick smile before she turns around.

She begins to make her way to Taehyung.

'Oh god, what the bloody hell is she up to?' I think to myself as I follow her.

Taehyung, who was peacefully viewing an intricate painting of the ocean, notices the stranger approaching him. He looks at her, confused. She quickens her pace, skipping over to him and offering her hand for a handshake. Taehyung takes her hand and gives it a quick confused shake.

"Hi," she greets him cheerily. "I'm Oh Yeonseo. I see you're admiring my newest piece."

Taehyung snaps out of his confused daze and flasher her his rectangular smile.

"These are your works? I'm impressed," he says as he glances between me and her. "Do you two know each other?"

I shift uncomfortably before answering. "I wouldn't say we know each other. I only found out her name seconds ago," I explain to him.

"True," she says with a shrug. "I was just inviting Bo-young out for coffee-"

Before she can finish, Hyungsik returns, a few papers in his hands. He quickly makes his way towards Taehyung.

"So, I need you to sign here, since she isn't technically-" he pauses when he sees Yeonseo among us. "I see you've met Yeonseo. She's no stranger to renting out the gallery. The girl pumps out quality art at a pace I've never seen before," he compliments. Yeonseo covers her cheeks as she swings back and forth in place, looking like she's basking in the compliment.

"Cool. About the papers..." Taehyung leads the conversation back on topic. Hyungsik nods, passing the papers over to Taehyung before handing a pen to him.

"Sign at the bottom. Bo-young, you can sign too, but under Taehyung's signature. Yours will not technically count, but the sentiment will remain," Hyungsik instructs. Taehyung signs the last two papers before passing them over to me. When he offers me the pen, I just look at it.

This isn't important enough to justify me using the golden pen.

I take the regular pen and quickly scrawl my name under Taehyung's. My cursive is not as shaky as it was when I first signed, but it is by no means pretty.

Hyungsik takes the papers from me after I finish signing them, separating the bottom one from the rest. He hands it to me, a friendly smile adorning his face.

"This space is officially reserved for the first half of February. You can keep that paper. You might want to take a picture of it as proof of your reservation in case you lose it," he tells me. I nod decisively as I snap a picture of the paper.

A feeling of glee bubbles up in me as I look at the paper.

"I didn't know you were an artist too, bunny," Yeonseo comments as she looks over my shoulder at the paper I signed.

"I'm not. Jungkook is," I say, slightly put off by her overly friendly demeanor.

"That's nice," she says as she looks at me. Her eyes don't stay on mine for long, though. They look from me to my ears, then back again. She looks perplexed. "So... do you have human ears too, or do you only have bunny ears?"

The question catches me off guard.

"Wha- what? Um-" I stumble. "Yes?" I reply, but it comes out as more of a question than a definitive answer.

"You don't sound too sure about that," she points out.

"C'mon. Bo-young has human ears," Taehyung says. "Right?"

Hyungsik tilts his head, trying to see if I have both ears. He says: "Why would she have both? That'd be weird. I'm sure hybrids don't have four ears."

"You make a good point," Yeonseo says as Taehyung nods in agreement.

"Wouldn't it be even weirder if she didn't have human ears? What if it's just smooth," Taehyung says. I stand there, feeling as if I were being dissected by the three.

"I would appreciate it if you would stop," I say, holding my rabbit ears over the sides of my face trying to block their curious gazes. "I have ears," I tell them.

"Yeah, but do you also have human ears?" Taehyung says as he reaches out to move my bunny ears out of the way. This causes me to duck.

What the-

(AN: This is more of a crackhead chapter. It's 2:30 am as I'm writing this, so I'm not  exactly thinking straight.)

(When I started writing this story, I had no clue where I was going to go with it. I take a grand total of 0 notes. This is why I might forget small story details like days or months. I can't really remember things that happened early in the story, but I try my best. Please do point out continuity errors so I can fix them.)

(I also had no intention of making Bo-young Park the same person as Park Bo-young. It was a little bit of an oopsie on my part. Adding Hyungsik into the story didn't help either...) 

(Why is only Bo-young's name hyphenated?) 

STRAY // JJK x HYBRID (bunny)✔️ Re-WritingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara