CHAPTER 42

BO-YOUNG

People rush by us in a hurry, most heading towards the train station we just came from. Jungkook walks a bit ahead of me to the line of taxis near the front doors of the station, urging me to follow.

When the houses begin to look more familiar, I know we're nearing home. The bright white mall passes us, the stern and unmoving guards still positioned near the front. Within minutes, we're in front of the large apartment complex where Jungkook lives.

Jungkook is paying the driver as I lift the luggage out of the trunk. When he's done, he helps me with the remainder of the bags. We haul them up to Jungkook's apartment.

"Ah, it feels like it's been forever!" Jungkook exclaims as he unlocks the door, letting me go in first.

"It's been less than a week," I tell him, smiling at his antics. He brings his bags in one at a time, finally bringing in the painting he made while he was there. "I will never understand how you managed to paint that so fast."

He turns to look at me. "It's not done yet. I'm still planning on adding a few details and shadows," he tells me as he holds up the painting. He throws himself onto the couch suddenly, discarding the painting on the floor. I lazily make my way past him to my room.

"It's strange," I mutter, looking into the room.

I can hear Jungkook push himself up before shuffling. "What is?" he asks.

"Being here again. It's very different from your childhood home. No wood walls, no majestic dust flying around making it look like a dream, no picturesque lake with an abandoned house on the other edge," I tell him, still facing away. I lean against the doorframe, looking at my room for a moment more before turning to face Jungkook.

"Is that a bad thing?" he asks, ruffling his hair as he gives me a wobbly smile.

"No, no. Not at all. It's like waking up well rested after having a really good dream. It's like a Sunday morning," I answer, hoping to reassure him. I let out a relieved sigh ass I see his smile widen.

"Glad to hear that," Jungkook chuckles, "but I don't agree with your Sunday morning analogy. Sundays are horrible. I prefer Saturdays."

"You say that because you have to work on Monday. Stop being salty and let me like Sunday," I joke. Jungkook gets up with a laugh before sauntering to the open kitchen and turning on the coffee machine.

"You know," he begins, "someday, if things go really well, we could move there."

"To your childhood home?" I say, hoping for clarification. He nods.

He glances at me before continuing. "Yeah, just you and me. We could fix it up a bit; fix some of those cracked floorboards, get some heating, stuff like that."

"I'd like that. What do you mean by 'if things go really well'?" I ask.

I can hear him hum in thought. he pours himself a cup of coffee before answering me. "Well, there aren't many jobs there. I wouldn't be able to work where I'm currently employed, for obvious reasons. I could sell my art, but that takes tons of luck."

"Ah," I reply. "I wish I could help with that, but if you couldn't tell from my flower painting, I'm not the greatest at art."

"I'll figure something out for you. I don't mind you not doing anything, you know that right? I'm just happy that you're here when I come home. Makes bearing work much easier."

"There you go being cheesy again," I laugh. Jungkook gives me a small laugh. He sits down, inviting me to sit next to him.

"You love it," he comments.

"Don't call me out," I whine as I smack him lightly on the arm. "But yes, if you stop being cheesy, I'll probably have withdrawal symptoms."

I see Jungkook look at me, but this time it's not a glance. His eyes are dark but more playful than usual. He gives me a sly smile. "Is that so?"

I huff before turning towards the tv, turning it on as I ignore Jungkook's chuckles. I hear him mumble "cute" under his breath.

"Just because I'm a bunny hybrid doesn't mean you can call me cute. I will bite you," I comment. I can hear Jungkook trying not to laugh.

"You'd be cute with or without bunny ears, Judy Hopps," he says.

"I didn't like that movie..." I yawn.

I can hear Jungkook's offended gasp, but I choose to ignore it. Jungkook turns his attention from me when I turn on Castle Rock.

(AN: Oh god, I may or may not have forgotten about my update promise. I've been drawing comics all day. Goth Detectives, you know. Gotta love Russell Brand and Noel Fielding.)

(I'll begin updating more regularly, and the updates will be less chaotic than this one. I'll try squeeze in some time for writing this, but I'm quite busy. Most of my week goes to planning my D&D sessions (which is a lot of work.))