CHAPTER 59

(Edit: Typos. Did I write this when I was drunk? Wtf.)

BO-YOUNG

I wake up the next morning to an empty house. Well, it's not empty, it's just without Jungkook. The sun shines through my half-closed blinds, eliciting a sharp hiss from me. I shield my eyes.

I still feel sick. Earlier this morning, before I awoke, Jungkook had come to check up on me. I was half-awake while we came to the conclusion that I couldn't attend the Christmas get-together. I only have blurry memories of Jungkook's pursed lips and worried expression. He had cupped my face, a solemn look in his eyes before giving me a quick peck on the forehead. Then he left.

I yawn, cursing out my immune system. I place myself on the couch, clasping a mug full of tea in my hands. My phone suddenly buzzes repeatedly. I groan as I answer the call without looking at the name.

"How may I help you?" I answer halfheartedly, tired of the worried texts Jungkook has been sending me all morning. I guess he's now calling me after I ignored his last few messages.

"Hi," I hear a vaguely familiar voice say. I remove the phone from my ear and look at the name.

"Jimin? I didn't expect you to call," I answer in mild surprise.

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure you were fine. I was expecting you to join us," he says. I can faintly hear voices in the background chatting and laughing. Among the laughter, I can hear Jungkook cackle.

"I'm sick," I tell him. "I was going to come but I'm dying here instead. Caught the flu yesterday."

"So I heard from Jungkook."

"That reminds me," I begin, "How are things? Jungkook was expecting things to be quite tense, but I told him things would be fine."

Jimin laughs. "Things were quite tense until Jin came."

Jin, the person Jungkook was the most excited to see.

"Ah, so he's like the peacemaker. I'm glad things are going well. I do have to wonder, though. Why are you calling me instead of joining the party?"

Jimin sighs in thought before answering with: "It's just that, well- We never really talked after you left town to go back home. Sure, we texted once, but not again. When it became apparent that Jungkook told you what happened, I thought that you'd hate me. It's selfish, but I'm partially calling you to see if we're cool."

Jimin blurted that all out in one breath, practically gasping for air at the end.

"We're cool, don't worry. As long as you've changed and made peace with Taehyung and Hoseok," I tell him reassuringly. Jimin hums in relief. "You should go back to them. Don't worry about me."

"Okay, don't die before we can meet again" Jimin jokes, his tone much noticeably brighter and carefree than it was before. We say our goodbyes before I end the call.

I place my phone into the large pocket on the front side of the large hoodie I'm wearing. Is it my hoodie? No. There is nothing Jungkook can do, though, seeing as he's getting his party on with his friends. I cackle to myself as I look at my stolen attire. Soon, though, the silence sets in and the apartment becomes empty again. I place my tea down onto the coffee table before flopping down onto the couch, letting out an annoyed groan.

The cafe. I could go to the cafe. Jungkook would kill me if he were to find out, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him.

I bounce up from my lazed lounging and put on my collar before pulling on a jacket.

Technically, Jungkook can't be mad at me. Despite feeling sick, I don't have a fever or too many symptoms. I'm not coughing, nor am I sneezing. My symptoms consist of a headache and a sore throat that has nothing to do with the flu and has more to do with the dry air in my room.

I grab the spare key from the keyholder before stopping for a moment, eyeing one of Jungkook's scarves. He doesn't have many, in fact, there are only three that I can see. One thick red one that I remember seeing Jungkook only wear once, and two black ones. I snatch the red one before leaving the stiflingly silent apartment and closing the door.

I walk down the stairs, wrapping the scarf around my neck as I quickly make my way down towards the lobby. When I reach the front doors, I stop and peer out of the windows at the people passing by.

Jungkook can't stop me. He can't stop me from stealing his hoodie, and he can't stop me from going out.

The door swings open. 

(A/N: Sorry 'bout the shorter chapter. This took me way too long to write. It's time for a solo adventure, though, which is fun!)

(I wanted to sort out the Jimin thing, but I couldn't do much because I do not remember much anything to do with this story. I literally can't remember details that come before chapter 53. Big oof. I'm probably going to have to read through this story before writing the next chapter.)