CHAPTER 20

BO-YOUNG

The door closes, leaving Jungkook and me alone in his house. He lets out a tired sigh, running his hand through his overgrown hair. "Those two are fun, but they drain my energy," he chuckles as he slips off his shoes.

"I agree. It's a shame that I didn't get to talk to Hoseok more," I tell him as I walk to the kitchen woozily, pouring myself a glass of water. Realization suddenly hits me, as I realize what is happening.

"I'm going to head to bed now. It's almost midnight. You should go to sleep too," Jungkook yawns. I sip on my cold water and nod to him, my eyes barely staying open. He heads to his room, emerging again after a minute in a pair of pajama pants and a loose white tank top. He quietly goes into the bathroom.

I slump against the kitchen counter, placing the glass carefully next to the sink. I rub my eyes, trying to keep myself fully awake, seeing as I have to leave to Taehyung's tonight.

Jungkook comes back out, his tired eyes staring at me questioningly. "You're practically asleep already," he notes.

"Mmh," I reply, not feeling like speaking as I close my eyes. I hear footsteps approaching. I feel a hand grab my arm and begin to slowly lead me to my room. I'm half asleep by now.

"C'mon, let's get you to bed," he mumbles groggily, opening the door to my room as he leads me to the bed.

I only feel myself falling onto the bed before I'm out.

________________________

I wake up in a panic, looking around frantically for a clock. As I notice the light streaming through the closed blinds, I know it's too late. I slept through the meeting I was supposed to have with Taehyung.

I groan as I fall back onto the bed. "Damn," I growl, running my hands through my slightly knotty hair. I throw the blankets off myself to find yesterday's clothes still on. The window, which I left open, is closed too. Jungkook must have come in here and closed the window. The last thing I remember was Jungkook getting me into bed.

I roll towards the edge of the bed, swinging my legs off the side and sitting up. I yawn, stretching out fully before standing up and opening the door.

"You're up early," Jungkook says. He's pulling on a simple blazer jacket as I hear coffee brewing in the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I ask him, feeling slightly grouchy.

"Seven in the morning," he tells me, checking his watch. "I thought you'd sleep through the day. I even prepared the alarms."

"You and your god-forsaken carrot alarms," I pour us both a cup of coffee. "Why'd you think I would sleep that long? I don't sleep much, to begin with."

"You were so out of it last night," he snorts with laughter as he recalls some memories. I look at him with confusion, passing the second cup of coffee to him.

"This doesn't bode well for me," I sigh, waiting for him to explain.

"You don't remember?" he asks.

_____________________________

"C'mon, let's get you to bed," he mumbles groggily, opening the door to my room as he leads me to the bed.

"Goodnight, you strange man," I sleepily slur, falling onto the bed with a loud thump.

"Jesus Christ, you crash hard and fast," Jungkook remarks as he pulls the blanket from under me. He lifts my legs and shifts me to be on the bed properly before placing the blanket over me.

"Why is the- the-" I try to speak, but my face is pressed into the pillow, and my train of thought is seemingly straying towards nothingness. "The air is escaping," I whisper, pointing towards the open window. "We're all going to die~" I whine sloppily.

"You seem drunk," Jungkook laughs.

"No time to be drunk, we're going to suffocate," I peek up at him, my tone serious. Jungkook grins. I'm barely able to see him in the dark.

I roll onto my back, my eyes now closed again as my breathing steadies.

"Do you want me to close the window?" he asks.

"Ya- then Peter Pan can't come in," I mumble. I hear Jungkook stifle some laughter. "I don't want no-" I stumble over my words, "no pixie dust, thank you very much. I'm fine on the ground."

I hear shuffling as Jungkook quietly cackles. I can hear him walking, but I can't tell where he's going. 

"Goodnight, Bo-young," he says, still trying to hide his laughter.

"Goodnight, Kookie~"

___________________________

"Oh no," I gasp, my eyes wide as memories of what I said last night come back to me. "Oh god," I whine out of shame as I hide my face, crouching down to avoid Jungkook as he laughs. "Please tell me I didn't say that."

"I'd be lying if I said that. It was so hilarious," he cackles in laughter, doubling over as he watches me shrink into a ball, my coffee mug now placed onto the floor. I can't help but crack a smile. Sooner than later, I am laughing too.

"As much as I'd love to keep you company today and remind you of your drunkness, I've got to get to work," Jungkook says, gulping down his coffee.

"I wasn't drunk," I defend. Jungkook places his mug into the kitchen sink. He briskly walks to me, pulling me up by my hands.

"I'm going now. I'll order you some pizza on my way to work. What toppings do you want?" he asks, his voice lower.

"Just get me a margarita or something," I smile up at him. We're kind of awkwardly close after he pulled me up to stand, but I don't mind is he doesn't.

"A margarita?" he questions. I lightly smack him on the chest, glaring at him. He laughs, scratching the back of my ears before letting go of my hands and going to the vestibule to pull his shoes on. "I'll get you that and a Coke. I'm in a hurry now. You can expect it within the next hour and a half."

Jungkook gives me a wave before jogging to the door. "Thank you!" I call to him as he closes the door. 

1009 words