CHAPTER 21

BO-YOUNG

I wait in the silence for a moment, taking in the fact that I am now alone here. I walk into the bathroom, and do my morning routine, dressing in a simple pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. Today isn't worth the effort of dressing up.

I walk into the kitchen, sipping on my now cold coffee, grimacing at the taste. I decide to throw it out.

Jungkook said to expect the pizza within the next hour and a half, so that leaves me a good amount of time. If I jog to Taehyung's, I can make it back in time. Although my plan would work in an ideal situation, I don't even know if he'd be at home today, or if he's at work.

I set some water to boil as I brainstorm some ideas. I am not willing to just sit at home all day watching television shows, but it's not like I can do much more. I could go out, and I wouldn't be in inherent danger thanks to that godforsaken collar, but what would I do out there? It's infinitely nicer inside.

I look out of the window, considering going outside, but opting out of that option when I see the weather. Grey clouds cover the sky, a drizzle falling to the asphalt as people bustle about outside, briskly walking to avoid the heavier rain that will soon probably come pouring down. 

I hope Jungkook's commute to work is short enough for him to avoid the rain.

I sit onto the couch, scrolling through Netflix to see if anything catches my eye. Nothing seems interesting to me. I'm just not in the mood to sit and watch anything. I sigh out of frustration, rubbing my eyes as I dig through my mind for anything to do. 

I look to Jungkook's door, thinking about what would be in there. He's always in there, it is his room after all, but I've never been in there myself. I've never had a real reason to go in there, well, I still don't have one, but I've never been this inclined to go in. 

I'm bored, and I really don't have anything else to do. I cautiously approach the door, looking towards the front door, half expecting Jungkook to burst through the door.

I place my hand on the door handle, feeling the cold metal. As I begin to rethink what I'm about to do, the doorbell rings.

"Jesus- fuck!" I squeal as I withdraw my hand from the door. I stand there, frozen in place with my head awkwardly twisted back to look at the door. Silence ensues, making me unsure whether or not the doorbell actually rang, or if I was just imagining it due to my guilt. I let out the breath I was holding before turning around, pressing my back against Jungkook's door. I let out a small chuckle. It's ridiculous.

The doorbell rings again, making me jump. I scramble to the door, stopping before opening it. The pizza can't be here already, and my nose isn't picking up any scents other than-

"Hoseok?" I ask through the door. The bear smell is not as strong as I would expect it to be, in fact, there is another scent mixed in. "And Taehyung?"

"Ah, of course," I hear Taehyung mutter from behind the door, a snort coming from who I assume to be Hoseok. I unlock the door, letting them in. As the door swings open, I'm greeted by the excitable Hoseok, who skips in after greeting me. Taehyung stays in the doorway, looking at me with an eyebrow raised, his arms crossed.

"Okay, look, I'm sorry. I don't know why, but I was exhausted yesterday. I fell asleep leaning against the kitchen counter," I try to reason, but Taehyung just breaks out into a smile.

"That tired, huh?" he remarks, coming through the open door.

"Yeah," I say, closing the door and following them in. "Why are you here? I was thinking about visiting, but I figured you'd be at work."

"I am at work," Taehyung says as he sits down on one of the bar stools. "I've got a list of people who have been reported to have unregistered hybrids. I'm supposed to pay them all surprise visits today. I Hoseok is with me in case some of them get violent."

"Oh," I mutter, worried about the fact that he was sent here.

"Don't look so distraught, I wasn't sent here, per se. I'm almost done with my list, and I was visiting an owner just a street down from here and thought I'd visit, seeing as you didn't show up last night," he tells me casually. I ease up, not feeling as worried. "I've got around an hour before I need to leave."

"Ah, makes sense." I sit down in front of him, glancing at Hoseok, who is pouring us cups of tea. "Yeah, make yourself comfortable, I guess," I whisper.

"So," Taehyung pulls out a laptop, "I know Jungkook has a printer, so I'm going to print out a few... files."

"Your pause worries me," I mumble.

"I'm going to register you and pull some strings to have your past records removed. That means need to look, though," he tells me, opening his laptop, typing furiously.

"Wait- no," I protest, but Taehyung has already stopped typing.

"Okay, Bo-young Park, or Park Bo-young?" he asks.

"Can you just-" he cuts me off again, brushing off my protests. 

"Ah, found it. Hello, miss Bo-young Park."

"Taehyung!" I close his screen. He looks at me in surprise, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open. A look of realization dons his face.

"I'm sure it's nothing too bad. I'm removing it anyways," he says, shrugging tensely as he opens his laptop screen once more. I cover my face with my hands.

I wait for a moment, peeking at him through my parted fingers. Hoseok places the cups in front of us, sitting down me and patting me on the back reassuringly.

Taehyung freezes in place, his eyes scanning over what is on the screen. Hoseok leans forwards, trying to see taehyung's screen. I lower my head onto the table.

"17-year-old bunny hybrid, Bo-young Park," Taehyung says flatly. "Accused of murdering 83-year-old Grace Park."

1022 words