CHAPTER 33

BO-YOUNG

"I bet you've been waiting to see the lake all day," Jungkook says. I look up at him from between my parted fingers, hoping to be able to hide my flushed face. He's calm. The slight redness is still present on his cheeks from laughing.

"I have, although I can't say the thought has been bothering me. This place is quite distracting," I say, standing straight again as I take in a deep breath.

"Then which would you prefer to see first? The room I prepared for you or the lake," he asks, a triumphant smile on his face.

"You managed to dust all of this and prepare a room for me while I was out getting groceries?" I ask, doubting that he'd really be that speedy. Jungkook takes a couple of strides towards me and carefully takes my hand, leading me out of the kitchen and towards an old set of stairs.

The stairs are mostly covered in dust. I can see Jungkook's shoeprints going up and down in the dust.

"Ignore the dust on the stairs. I haven't had time to dust them yet," Jungkook says as we climb up the old wooden steps. I stumble after him as he takes a quick turn after the steps end towards a large mahogany door.

"I figured you'd want to stay in the room with a single bed. I don't see why you'd need a large one, seeing as you curl up into a ball when you sleep," Jungkook smiles. He opens the door, stepping aside to let me see.

The room isn't too large. There is a fluffy white rug on the floor in front of the bed. The bed is larger than what I expected, having an almost comically thick mattress and a plushy duvet on top. A ridiculous amount of pillows lay at the end, resting against the white metal bars at the head of the bed. The desk in the corner of the room is made of the same mahogany wood as the large vintage dresser across from it.

"It looks amazing. How did you manage to clean and prepare all of this?" I ask Jungkook, looking around in amazement. By the door is one of my suitcases too.

"It was one of the better-kept rooms, to begin with. All I had to do was dust and make the bed, and here you are, making it seem like I've done something impossible," Jungkook laughs.

"I don't think you know how much it means to me that you would prepare a whole room for me," I say, turning back to face him with a relaxed and solemn look on my face. The large window and the specks of leftover dust floating around in the room make it seem like a dramatic movie scene.

Jungkook steps towards me calmly. He smiles as he says: "I don't think you know how insignificant this is compared to all the things I intend to show you."

The dim light of the setting sun shines on half of his face, the dust floating around him majestically as he steps closer, now being directly in front of me.

I'm at a loss for words, my mouth hanging open as I stare at him. As his words finally set in, my face flushes a color redder than I thought humanly possible. I crouch down to avoid his eyes, covering my face again.

"You're so cruel, saying and doing things like that," I say before I smack his leg. I can hear him laughing at my reaction.

"Cruel? I don't think that's cruel. I had no intention to make you so flustered," Jungkook chuckles, kneeling down to be at the same level as me.

"How wouldn't that make someone flustered? Someone with your face saying that in such a scenic place?" I retort, glaring at him. Jungkook gives me a reassuring smile, his cheeks flushing ever so slightly.

"Someone with my face?" he questions.

"Yeah, someone with your face. It's too pretty. With that face, it should be illegal for you to say such things," I explain.

"Why?" Jungkook asks, almost fishing for an answer.

"Because I'll die if you say such things. My little heart can't handle it," I say dramatically. "It'll shatter into millions of pieces from the feels."

Jungkook now seems flustered, his cheeks redder than I've ever seen them before. I smile as I see his face.

"Hah, now you're flustered too," I tease as I stand up. My legs are aching from crouching down for so long, but I still force them to walk as to complete my lightheartedly dramatic exit. Straight when I'm outside the door, though, I fall against the wall, clutching onto my tingly legs.

I hear a quiet chuckle come from the room followed by shuffling. I quickly walk down the steps and into the kitchen to avoid Jungkook. Seconds later, I hear his footsteps coming down the creaky old steps.

I begin putting away the groceries Jungkook didn't have time to put away, laughing a bit as I set the cereal in a distant corner.

826 words

(AN: A bit of a shorter one today. I saw no point in continuing until 1000 words, seeing as it would have added nothing. I doubt any of you want to read 200 words of boring filler.)