CHAPTER 43

BO-YOUNG

The next morning, I'm woken up by Jungkook making coffee loudly in the kitchen. I sit up, throwing my blanket onto the floor in a morning rage. With my hair messy and my anger unmeasurable, I stomp out of the room.

When I exit, I see Jungkook. He's wearing a t-shirt and jeans. He looks like he's going to go somewhere. He hasn't noticed me yet.

"You dare wake me with your insolent coffee making!" I say loudly. Jungkook flinches before turning around and scanning me up and down.

"Woah, you look tired," he points out.

"Well I would be sleeping if it weren't for your-" I begin, but he cuts me off by sliding a cup of coffee towards me. It stops well before the edge of the counter. I stare at it for a moment, fury in my eyes. I stomp up to it and snatch it, taking a large sip. "Thank you," I begrudgingly muter, causing Jungkook to laugh.

"When you're done, would you mind stopping by the coffee shop and picking up a few croissants?" Jungkook asks from the kitchen.

"The shop with the hybrid rules? Only if you promise that I'll be allowed to buy something nice for myself," I bargain, sipping on my coffee. My mouth begins to water as I think of the gorgeous pastries the middle-aged woman displays, more specifically, the slice of cheesecake. She makes new batches every morning, and when she'd put the cake up for display, I'd be there, staring through the window, coveting whoever went in and came out with a slice.

"Sounds fair. Get yourself ready to go out. It's chillier than usual, and there's more wind. I'd suggest you take your scarf and hat," Jungkook says as he bustles about in the kitchen.

"Ya," I lazily reply before finishing off my coffee and setting it next to the sink.

I walk back into my room and take my towel alongside some clothes.

After my shower, I make my way back into my room to retrieve my phone. Before I even make it halfway through the living room, Jungkook shouts.

"Nope! No," he shouts out.

"What?" I ask.

"You're going to freeze. You can't go out in that weather in just a t-shirt and- Are those jeggings? God, you're going to die out there!" he exclaims, making his way towards me.

"It'll be fine, I have a jacket," I defend.

Jungkook sighs before going into his room. Less than a minute later, he comes out. In his hand is a hot pink hoodie with 'off' written on the front in white. On the arms are diagonal lines, which are also in white. He hands it to me, looking at me sternly. I slip it on before shooting a glare at him. The hoodie reaches my knees. It's so large that I feel like I'm drowning.

Jungkook looks happy, a large grin stretching across his face. "You look cute," he remarks. I smack him on the arm, but the impact is minimal due to the sleeves being too long.

"I hate you. Now give me money. I'm leaving to go get the croissants," I say, holding out my sweater covered hands. Jungkook chuckles before placing a couple of notes into my hand. "Thank you. I'll be back soon."

I go into my room, grab my phone, and make my way back out and to the vestibule.

Before I leave, Jungkook shouts out a reminder to not forget my collar. I grab it before leaving, slipping it on under my scarf.

The air is cold, just as Jungkook had warned me. I shiver, regretting not taking a hat. I make my way down the street to the nearby coffee shop.

Few people are in the shop when I enter. When the bell rings, the woman comes out of the back room.

"Oh, it's you!" she exclaims happily, giving me a big smile. "It's been a while, hasn't it? Now, don't leave the door open. You don't want the cold to follow you in, do you?" she asks rhetorically. I walk in, letting the door swing closed behind me. It's much warmer in here, prompting me to take off my scarf. I walk to the counter, where the woman is waiting for me.

"Nice to see that you're taking good care of the collar. How is he, by the way?" she chats happily.

"Jungkook is doing well. We just got back from a holiday at his childhood home. He sent me over here to get some croissants," I tell her, trying to match her cheeriness.

"That's nice to hear. So how many croissants will it be?" she asks as she takes out a small pastry bag.

"Um, well. I'm assuming two. Also, throw in a slice of-" I begin.

"Cheesecake?" she fills in knowingly. I blush, covering my cheeks with my gloved hands. "It wasn't hard to guess. You've been drooling over the cheesecake for as long as I can remember. How about I throw in another one for your... friend?" she offers.

"Would you? Ah, I can't thank you enough," I smile as she carefully packs two slices of the cheesecake. I hand her the notes, and she gives me the change.

We say our goodbyes as I leave the shop and start to head back home.