CHAPTER 57

BO-YOUNG

I begin to stir awake slowly. I can faintly hear the clanking of pans and the sizzling of something on the pans. The delicious smell of bacon wafts over towards me. I breathe in and smile.

"Achoo!" I sneeze violently. My eyes fly open in surprise. I can see Jungkook across from me in the kitchen, staring at me with a shocked face. Soon, he begins to snicker.

"Woah, did you wake yourself up by sneezing?" he asks before turning back towards one of the pans.

"Aye, how dare you laugh at me in my time of suffering," I joke, before abruptly sneezing again. "What the-"

Jungkook turns around briefly to make sure I'm fine before attending to the food again. I sit up to see what exactly he's making, but Jungkook is in the way. I slowly get up, only to fall back down to the couch. My head is pounding. I throw the blanket to the side, disregarding the fact that I didn't fall asleep with a blanket. I groan quietly as I grasp my head.

Jungkook turns around again before getting plates. "Are you alright?" he asks, worry evident on his face.

"Head hurts, everything hurts, big ow," I complain, rubbing my eyes, hoping that it will alleviate the dull ache coursing through my head. After plating the food, Jungkook sets them on the bar. He leaves them there and makes his way towards me. He places his hand on my forehead.

"You seem to have a slight fever. It's nothing much, though," he tells me. He turns to leave, but I grab his shirt.

"This is the end for me, Jungkook. I don't think I'll make it. This pain, this agony, it'll claim me into blissful oblivion!" I lament dramatically. Jungkook looks down at me with an eyebrow raised. I can see a smile tugging on his lips as he takes my hand in his, removing it from his shirt before pulling me up slowly, looking at me as if he were daring me to go limp. I huff, deciding to cooperate.

"You'll feel better once you eat," he tells me as he leads me to the bar separating the living room and the kitchen. He slides one of the plates towards me.

The food smells amazing. The scrambled eggs and bacon are still steaming. Jungkook sets a glass of orange juice in front of me before sitting down across from me, digging into his food.

"I can't believe I'm getting sick now," I say before digging into my food too. "I need to get better before tomorrow."

"Don't worry yourself too much. If you're still sick, then there's nothing we can do about it. I'm sure the boys won't mind too much," he says between mouthfuls.

"I can still go to the Christmas get-together?"

"I won't let you miss out on meeting Jin. If you're too sick to go, then I'll invite Jin over," he chuckles. I nod.

After another sneeze, I lose my temper.

"That's it! Just cut it off! Cut my nose off, I've had enough-" I sneeze again. "I've had enough of this damned flu."

I place my dishes in the sink before drowsily stumbling back to the couch. Jungkook shakes his head, his smile hidden by his hand.

"I'm going to the store. Do you want me to get you something?" he asks.

"Chocolate," I reply, speaking into one of the couch cushions as I press my face into it. I lie limply on the couch. I hear footsteps approach me before the blanket I threw aside covers me. I mutter a thank you. 

"You're addicted," Jungkook says quietly before moving away from me again and towards the vestibule. 

After some more shuffling, the front door closes.

I lift my face from the cushion and look around. Jungkook has gone. I grumble as I lift myself fully off the couch. My eyes shift to the white door next to the one leading to my room. Jungkook always keeps it shut. The only time I've ever been in there was when he was showing me his work. I wonder if it's still as messy as it was back then.

I stand on my weak legs, making my way towards the door. The humming of the air conditioner is the only thing to be heard as I approach, the tenseness of the room increasing the closer I get to the door. I begin to sneak up to it, holding my breath as if a single noise would alert Jungkook to my devious plan to invade his room. I'm sure if I asked, he'd allow me to go into his room. Strangely, sneaking in is much more entertaining.

My light footsteps tap against the floorboards as I step in front of the door. It is silent once more as I stare at the door. It towers high above me threateningly. I take the doorknob into my hand, twisting it. I wince at the creak the door lets out as it swings open.

The room is dark. A cold breeze hits me like an icy wall as I step into the room. The window is open. The papers littering the room flutter with the breeze. I can see many of the papers have sketches on them, many of them similar.

I pick one up, inspecting the pencil drawing of familiar scenery. Careful lines create a beautiful scene. A house stands tall and proud amidst trees filled with leaves. Water peeks out from behind the house. The distant figures of a man and a woman can be seen standing on the front porch of the house. Looking closer, I notice that the woman has tall ears extending up.

I smile at the domestic scene depicted in front of me. Jungkook seems to be just as excited as me about moving into his childhood home, if not more.

A sudden bout of dizziness hits me. I take cautious steps towards Jungkook's bed, sitting on the edge as I hold my head, internally screaming at my symptoms. I lean back, my body sinking into the soft mattress. A bed seems heavenly after sleeping on the couch.