CHAPTER 75

(This is a bonus chapter. Enjoy!)

BO-YOUNG

The downstairs has heated up pretty well, but as Jungkook and I walk up the stairs to get our bedrooms ready, it becomes abundantly clear that neither of us will be able to sleep if we stay upstairs. Not only is the air nearly as cold as it is outside, but because of the moving truck's delay, neither of our beds is more than a bed frame and a single mattress. Without any pillows or blankets readily available, other than the throw pillows and the thick quilt downstairs in the living room, we'd both die of hypothermia if we slept upstairs.

"Bo-young!" I hear Jungkook call from his room. "Come here!"

I groan half-heartedly before walking to his room, dragging my feet with every step.

"Jungkook, I'm tired. I don't have the energy to be-" I begin, but I stop when I see Jungkook crouched in front of the dresser. "Oh my god," I remark as I approach him, crouching down next to him.

I see the beautiful canary-yellow flower Jungkook painted the last time we were here. Next to it is my pathetic little dandelion, its petals shaky and uneven – it has character. I trace the forms of the flowers, smiling as I remember the day we painted them. I look at our signatures next to the flowers, his being much more grandiose and smoother than my shaky one. Inside me, I feel irrational signature-envy brewing.

"I can't believe they're still here," Jungkook says. I snort.

"Of course, they're still here. It's not like someone would have come and wiped them away. Even then, the paint would have seeped into the wood grain, remember?" I say, nudging him. He chuckles.

"You're right," he says.

Jungkook stands up, offering his hand to me. I oblige and let him help me up. My knees ache slightly from crouching for so long.

I open my mouth to say something, but instead of saying words as I intended, I yawn.

Jungkook waits for me to finish before saying: "You're really tired, huh."

I nod.

"I didn't sleep on the way here," I tell him. He hums in acknowledgement.

"Let's sort out the sleeping situation, then. One thing I've learned while living with you is that a tired Bo-young is a dangerous Bo-young," Jungkook says teasingly.

I glare, intending to reduce Jungkook to ashes, but instead of cowering upon seeing my mighty scowl, he grins.

"See what I mean?" he says. "Now come on, let's be well-rested for tomorrow."

He grabs my hand again, holding it in his as he begins walking towards the old wooden stairs, pulling me along with him.

Once we reach the living room downstairs, he stops but doesn't let go of my hand. He turns to see me still glaring.

"You know, your glare is much less effective when you're blushing," he points out, making me turn red from embarrassment.

Jungkook and I take stock of what we have. A few throw pillows, one couch, and one quilt.

"This is quite the conundrum," Jungkook says, his voice exaggerated and sarcastic, as if he were narrating a children's show. "Bo-young, whatever shall we do?"

I try my best to hold back my amusement.

"I'm not sharing the couch with you, beefy. You're ridiculous," I say, trying my best to sound serious, but the amusement is evident in my voice.