Part 8

The lady, Grace being the name on her silver pin, hands me off to a guard who escorts me to the room for afternoon tea. We took an elevator down to the first floor and I was instructed to go to the Day Room.

The room was set up with a long, neatly set table.
Large windows lined the walls and gave a stunning view to the gardens. Long silk drapes hung down from the ceiling and vases of extravagant flowers scattered the room.

Golden rimmed plates, cutlery and tea cups lined the tables.
I moved past several girls chatting in anticipation until I reached Harriet who was sitting beside a girl at the table.

I moved to sit opposite Harriet and her friend, who both gave a friendly smiles.

The chairs were made of a dark wood with inbuilt purple velvet cushions.

"Isabelle, hey, this is Lola." Harriet said and I smiled, giving a nod to Harriet's friend who had similar golden blonde hair.
But Lola had a soft face, looking like a younger one in the group.

"Nice to meet you." I say to her, thinking it would be polite and Lola smiled back at me kindly.

"How was your time with the prince?" Lola asks me, her voice timid, and she seemed genuinely interested which was nice.

I smiled, "Good actually, we seemed to get along. Although we didn't seem to get much time." Harriet nods her head in agreement.

"Yeah, the time went super fast." Harriet said and Lola agreed.
The room was bustling with noise and girls were chatting in corners or at the table. After a few minutes nearly all the girls had arrived and it seemed the spots were filling quickly.

Amelia came and sat beside me with a girl on her other side who she was chatting to, Hadley.

One of the last few girls to sit at the table was a girl who was tall, with supermodel long legs. She walked around as if she owned the place and it'd only been a few hours since arriving.

She too was blonde. There was a lot of blonde girls in the group I realised. 

The tall blonde girl had been texting furiously on a phone whilst barking at a second girl Ellie, who seemed to follow her around like a puppy.
I found out the tall girl's name was Genevieve, Gen as Amelia calls her.

Harriet said she was a model from London and she had known who she was the second she arrived.
"Her families rich and she's very famous, also seemingly seductive. Gen is in and out of the media each week for a new scandal with a guy." Harriet whispered to Lola and I.
Along with Lola, I looked over at Genevieve and she seemed to be soaking up the attention as she sat in her seat by Ellie, Remy and Indiana.

Once all the seats were filled with girls, Grace came back and stood at the head of the table.

"Now I can properly introduce myself, I am Grace Rolland and I am a royal advisor. I will be managing you girls for the next few weeks so if you have any queries or concerns please don't hesitate to ask." Grace began, looking over each one of us in turn.
One girl sitting on the far end was glancing out the window and was caught out.

"Lady Alexandra, your attention is required." Grace snapped and Alexandra whipped her head around to see why she was called on.

Alexandra had short black, straight hair and thin glasses.

When she saw all the eyes in the room watching her she appeared to shrink a little in her seat and she bowed her head.

Grace addressed the room again, "It is important to remain focused. I know some of you have had a long journey to get here but know it is a privilege to be here, not a right."