Part 18

Gen strutted into the room and I swear everyone stopped to look, the whole room silencing. She was in a bright red, long and sexy dress that was tight in just the right places.

A slit down the side allowed her leg to poke through a she walked over to us, her matching heels clicking on the ground in time.
She had a smug grin plastered on her face.

Gen looked really good in that dress and she knew it. Prince Thomas would be blind to not find that attractive.

I take the chance to glance over at the prince and he seems a little flustered, fidgeting with his notes and turning to face away from the girls.

His sister searches through the crowd and her eyes land on me. She makes a gagging action as she points over to Genevieve who sits right in the front row.
I repeat the action back and Harriet laughs at the interaction.

"I cannot believe Genevieve is dressed like that, to be on live tv." Harriet says to me and I lean in to answer.

"It's kind of inappropriate in such a formal setting. Setting a bad example I think." I shoot a glare Genevieve's way, but see I'm not the only one to be doing so.
Genevieve was soaking up the attention, giving every girl who was watching her a smug smirk.

Miss Julia spoke up, "Girls, please take your seats, we will begin in a moment."

Everyone shuffled around to find a seat and I found myself adjusting my hair and dress.
The people who ran the cameras were readjusting the positions and checking the mics.

After they gave us a quick run through of the show the cameras flicked into life and we were on live.

"Welcome! Ladies and gentlemen to this Selection's first live TV interviews, I am Miss Julia Karl and I will be your host for this evening. We will first have a word with our prince before meeting with each of the girls individually." Julia said into the camera a she stood in the middle of the room and stared down the lens of the camera with confidence.

The camera slid over to zoom in on the royals on their two couches, one with the king and queen and another with the prince and princess.

A separate stool off to one side was open and Miss Julia walked over and filled the position.

Julia spoke clearly into the microphone, "So, has life changed for you during the last few days King William and Queen Kate?"

The king looked over to Julia with a polite smile, "It is certainly nice to have company in the palace, and it's definitely a lot louder."

"And being through this before Queen Kate, any advice for the 20 new girls?"

The queen smiled affectionately and looked over at where us girls sat, even though we weren't on camera.

"That even though you won't all win my sons heart, enjoy the experience and the company, while you have the chance."

"And Princess Charlotte, how do you find it having 20 other girls in the palace dating your brother?"

Princess Charlotte thought for a moment before replying, "It's interesting, some of the girls are really nice."

She grinned, twirling a piece of her dark hair around a finger and adjusting the strap of her purple dress.

"Only some?" Julia used this information to dig into curiously, giving the princess a questioning glance.

Princess Charlotte gave her a glance and smirked, "I haven't gotten to know many of them personally, but they all seem talented in their own ways."

Julia's smile faltered before she reapplies her toothy grin, "And Prince Thomas, have you had a good time getting to know these ladies?"

"Yes, I've spent the last few days trying to get a grasp of everyone and their personalities. But it's difficult to go on dates with 20 separate girls."