Part 54

"Riley this dress is gorgeous." I say in front of the mirror, my hands against my waist as I do a twirl on my heel.
It's a stunning red gown with golden details along the bottom and off the shoulder straps with red flowers.

"I'm glad you like it miss." Riley said as she finished placing the golden tiara into my half up hair do.

The golden tiaras were Thomas's idea, Daisy and I had to both wear them tonight to symbolise our position in the selection.

Harriet told me just before that she had admitted to Thomas she wasn't interested in pursuing him and he accepted her decision.
Luckily the golden tiara went well with the gold on my dress.

"You better head down miss, you have to enter with Lady Daisy." Riley instructed and I thanked her kindly for all her help.

My maid waved me off, "It's my pleasure, have fun tonight." She shuffled me out the door hurriedly.

I gave her a smile and went quickly to make it to the ballroom entrance on time. When I had walked down to the double doors I found Daisy waiting for me as she paced back and forth across the carpet.

"Daisy, I love your dress." I say and she looks up to me and smiles gratefully.

Daisy is in a floor length green silk gown with a matching golden tiara sitting on top her neatly curled hair.

"Thank you, and you look amazing too Isabelle." Daisy says kindly and gives me a gentle hug.

"Thanks." I say and she nods.

We wait together for a few moments in silence before one of the royal advisors, the one I remember being Grace, comes to tell us where to go.

"Alright ladies, in just a moment you will enter through these doors and be introduced to the guests. Shortly after the royal family will follow." She explained and a guard sent her a signal which she motioned us forward with.

"Good luck, hold your heads high, and smile." And with that the doors were opened and I stepped out into the raised area beside Daisy.

The crowd was quiet and I could see my family waiting amongst the crowd with smiles on their faces.
I could see Isla in her pretty pink dress, even though the main theme was Christmas red and green.

The whole ballroom was done in shades of red and green for Christmas, and majority of the guests were in special event attire.

The announcer, who was a short bald man, gave us a rough glance before calling out into the crowd, "Lady Daisy Bridge and Isabelle Davis."

Below us as we walked slowly down the steps we could see the other selected girls, the royal extended family and our families.
This Christmas ball was going to be an interest one, with all the old selected.
I quickly made my way down the stairs, Daisy trying to move quickly to keep up.

As we get onto the dance floor I am pulling into a hug from Elizabeth, and she clings onto my happily.
She is in a gorgeous maroon off the shoulder dress.

"You look so pretty." I say to her and she smiles and tells me it back too.

Next I see Prince Archie, who I hadn't seen in a while, arm linked with Lola who's looking stunning in her green dress.
"Hey there." Archie says in a long-time-no-see kind of way.

I smile at the couple, seeing how nice they look together, "Hey Archie, Lola."

Lola gives me a happy smile and I don't miss the nudge she sends to Archie, which makes me turn to see what they are looking at.

Coming down the stairs is King William with Queen Kate on his arm, and standing at the top is Princess Charlotte linked with Prince Thomas.

I see the prince, in his barnet red coloured suit, looking fine as he catches my eyes. His green eyes pierce into mine, and he shoots me a smirk.
I try to make it to him first, but Daisy beats me to it and latches onto his arm speedily.