Part 56

I managed to pull myself out of bed and get changed to hurry myself to make it for the present giving.
I had a a gift for Thomas and one each for my sisters.
I hadn't had much time for my gifts, so I didn't have anything to give my parents, but I knew they wouldn't mind since they were living in luxury currently.

Before I left I did my hair, tying it in a low pony and adding a red and green bow that twirled around the ends.
I grabbed my phone and saw my friends had messaged Merry Christmas from Aussie on the group chat.

I replied with a Christmas emoji and wished them the best, when another message from Michaela came through.

Look what's made headlines!

I open the article and am a little surprised as the front spread is Thomas and I, kissing, at the Christmas ball in large print. A few other photos are on the page, but the one of us is he largest, I knew one of the cameras would have caught it.
It was captioned, Prince Thomas and Isabelle Davis seem like the perfect couple, a Christmas romance blossoming quickly.

I didn't bother with the article, since I was late, and just shut down the page. I grabbed the gifts and quickly rushed down to the day room.

It had been set up a few days ago with a massive Christmas tree in the centre, decorated in red against the green tree.

I saw my family and went over after putting my gifts under the tree with the piles of other ones.

The families had arrived and were all in different areas around the tree. I snuck in and sat next to my sisters after my parents each gave me a hug.
Isla was so excited, her eyes bright as she sat impatiently looking at all the presents.

I gave Thomas a smile when I saw him across the room with his parents.

All the girls were here, Daisy, Hadley, Harriet, and the other previous selected with their families.
Even Lola was here, her family and Prince Archie's family beside her.

It was a warm and happy way to spend Christmas, surrounded by loving people.

"We are so glad you could all come to celebrate this holiday with us here at the palace. You all make wonderful company. Merry Christmas." The king said to the room and a round of applause followed.

Families started to get up and hand out gifts so I got up and picked up the ones for my sisters. I came back with them and handed them to my sisters.
Elizabeth took it with a look of curiosity and Isla thanked me and saw they were both given the same box.

The opened them and found the heart lockets inside.
"Bella, this is so pretty." Isla said happily and quickly took it and got Elizabeth to help her fasten it around her neck.

I show them I have a matching one around my neck and Elizabeth smiles, she looks like she's close to crying happily.

"It's touch sensitive, so we all have one and if we touch it we will all know." I say and touch mine, having it light up green at the same time the other ones do.

Elizabeth smiles and touches the front of hers that rests in her hand, it lights up blue in sync with mine and Isla's.
When Isla touches it around her neck it lights up purple and she smiles happily.

"That's nice of you." Dad says and gives me a hug and I nod.

"Sorry I didn't get you guys anything." I say to my parents and mum waves me off.

"We don't need anything. Getting to be here is a gift itself, and that's thanks to you." My mum says and I see that sweet side of her I don't see nearly enough.

"Hang on, I need to give another gift." I say and dash off to take it from under the tree. It's for the prince, but he's kind of in the middle of giving something to Daisy, so I wait until he's finished.