Part 48

The next day the dates started and Daisy was gone with the prince by 9.
Then never said when they would return, but I assumed after dinner.

Yesterday all the girls had shared what number they had received in excitement, even though I didn't think Thomas meant for us to tell one another.

First was Daisy. Then Hadley. Lexi then Olive, Natasha then Lola, Harriet then me.

Throughout the day I had been in the training room, trying to improve my archery skills and working on my punching.
But it still didn't take my mind from the fact Prince Thomas was out on a date with Daisy, who was an amazing girl and could easily steal his heart.

After dinner, Lola had come to me, concerned what to do about her fling with Prince Archie.
She told me Archie had said to her the last time they spoke that he would support whatever decision she made.

Archie and his family had returned to their home, Kensington Palace, and that left her with time to think and make a decision.
They would return to celebrate Christmas and come to be at the Christmas Eve Ball Prince Thomas had announced.

"I just don't know what to do. I like Archie, but Thomas is a nice guy too. He's taken me to the Nobility. Do I just straight up tell him?" Lola asked, concern lacing her tone and her eyes trained on her nails which were tapping nervously on the table.

"You need to tell him as soon as you can. He needs to know your not interested in him." I say and she just nods, looking into her lap nervously.

Lola and I are sitting in the corner of the day room to talk. Even though the room is empty apart from us we just wanted to chat quietly.

"I know my parents aren't going to be happy. This is against the rules. I fell in love with the wrong prince." Lola wails, running her hands over her face.

My eyes widened, "You're in love?"

Her eyes widened too at the realisation of what she said and her cheeks went up in flames.

"I think I am." She admitted quietly.

I took her hand in mine, "I'm so happy for you. Your such a sweet girl and I'm sure Archie loves you too. Know that I'm your friend and you can trust me." I say kindly.

Lola gives me an appreciative smile, "Thank you, really, Isabelle. Your too nice for your own good. I seriously don't know why Thomas hasn't just proposed to you already."

I look at her a little shocked, "There's still 6 other girls he could choose." I say, "And he wouldn't proposed until we've fallen in love."

"Your trying to tell me your not in love with him?" Lola asks with an eyebrow raised.

I roll my eyes, "Of course I'm not."

"Keep telling yourself that." She says with a knowing look and I just brush her off.

An abrupt noise broke our conversation as Daisy entered the room.
She looked tired but still had an excited smile plastered on her face.

"Isabelle, Lola, hey."

She came over and sat opposite us, relaxing into our chair.

"Hey Daisy." Lola said and I gave her a polite smile in greeting.

"I just had the best day. We went sightseeing and looked all around London. He even set up a picnic for us at Hyde Park, it was so amazing." Daisy said and then continued to ramble, "Thomas was so sweet, he stopped to show me all the pretty places he knows in the city and..."

Then I tuned out, allowing Daisy to keep going on to Lola.

I liked talking to Lola especially now since I knew she didn't like the same guy as I did. But hearing Daisy gush about and the kiss they shared made me uneasy.