Part 35

When I wake up the sun is filtering through the blinds onto the tips of my eyes. The hum of the machine fills the silence in the room. But it feels more warm, comfortable, since it's daytime. I read 7:43 on the clock beside my bed and find I have the strength to push myself to sit up.

A figure in the corner with slight movement makes me rub my eyes to see.

"Prince Edward?"

It appears I startle him and he whips to face my direction.
"Miss Isabelle, I'm sorry for waking you, I was just bringing you some clothes Thomas had me bring you." He explained, looking extremely apologetic as he sets down a pile of clothes on the counter.

"You didn't wake me, I've had enough rest as it is. How is the prince?" I ask.

"I told him to get some rest, he's been going on mostly no sleep for the past 24 hours, trying to watch over you." Prince Edwards explains, moving closer to my bed to talk and tucks his hands in the pockets of his pants.

I nod, smiling at the thought the prince was so worried for me.

"Everyone's been worried about you. My parents and Thomas's parents extremely. I mean it's scary, being in a state of shock can kill people." Edward said with complete seriousness.

That thought alone was frightening.

"How are you feeling today?" Prince Edward said quickly, trying to be more positive.

"Better, much better. I still can't remember much of what happened though, my memory is hazy. Thomas mentioned that you were there though." I say, my head still hurting and my recollection hazy.

"I was, you had been in the corridor when I found you, coming in from your ride. You were freezing cold so I took you to your room, that's when Thomas came too."

"What was written on the walls?" I ask, desperate to know but terrified at what it could have been.

Prince Edward hesitated, his face paling slightly, "I don't think I should say."

I frowned, "Did Thomas instruct you not to tell me? I have right to know these things if people are threatening me. Now, I suppose I should get up." I say, pushing my legs over the bed and trying to stand up.

I wobble and Edward quickly helps to keep me stable. "I'll leave you in here to change. I should tell Thomas you're awake. It's good to see you better again." Prince Edward gives me a grin and makes sure I'm alright before heading out and closing the door behind him.

I find the pile of clothes and pick out an aqua skirt that flows to my knees and pull that on after removing my hospital gown. Then I dress in a white blouse along with an aqua hair ribbon.
Prince Thomas chose some nice outfits, some comfy pants and such but I still wanted to look presentable.

My ballet flats sit on the ground beside the clothes so I slide them onto my bare feet.

I run a hand over my head to flatten my messy hair and push down the scraggly bits. My lips feel dry so I gulp down the fresh cup of water that had been left on the table.

Making sure I look decent, I make my way out of the hospital room, walking down the corridor to find where I am in the palace. A sign written on a golden plaque says I'm on level 4, so the royal quarters were around here somewhere.

"Isabelle!"

I'm attacked from behind in a forceful hug that's nearly bowling me off my feet.

"Not too tight." I say to Charlotte as I squeeze out a breath. She pulls back and cringes.

"Sorry, I was so worried about you. I'm glad your alright." Princess Charlotte gave me a half smile and held my shoulders softly.

Charlotte is looking freshly showered, her freckles dotting her face lightly with her wet brown hair tied up in a high ponytail.