Part 24

The dining room was expertly decorated, the long table being the centrepiece of the room, folded shape napkins with gold and silver name labels.

What was super impressive was the hanging silks lining the ceiling. They were shades of purple, blue and silver fabrics all dangling gracefully from the roof, it definitely looked marvellous.

As I walked across the room, admiring the decor, I searched for my name label, only finding it once I reached the very end.

I was put with Daisy, Genevieve and Harriet, but at least they weren't too bad.
The Emerald group seemed to be playing strategically, placing themselves up the front with Prince Thomas and all the royalty who were complimenting their hard work.

Prince Archie was still flirting with the girls around him, Ellie, Olive and Remy. I could see their blushes from here.

Genevieve who was placed opposite me was frowning and texting hurriedly on her phone. Even when I looked at her she glared at me and gritted her teeth.

"Lucky I'm sitting with you." Harriet said beside me, giving me a heartwarming smile.

"Yeah I know." I say smiling to my friend.

"Everyone," Amelia called for everyone's attention, adjusting the green leaf crown on her head slightly, "Our first course, the entree, is a choice of seafood or dumplings. The seafood includes prawns and scallops in a garlic butter sauce. The dumplings are chicken and spinach with a sweet chilli or soy."

The waiters came and placed a long tray of entrees for every 6 people, grouping us and giving us an array of the two options.

I took a plate of the seafood because it looked appetising, and I knew it was probably high quality.

Genevieve turned her nose up at the scallops and prawns and took a dish with chicken dumplings. She scrunched her nose up when she saw I had chosen seafood.

We all tucked into the appetisers and I really enjoyed my seafood.
Suddenly there was a commotion over from the other end of the table.

Stella was rushed out of her seat and out of the room with Prince Thomas and Queen Kate in toe.
Prince Edward had been sitting across from her so I asked him about it.

"I think she had a reaction to some of the seafood. But she was saying she should be fine, it must have been something unknown in there." Prince Edward explained.

I nodded and continued to finish off my food.

The waiters clear the empty dishes and we chat as we wait on the main meal, most discussion revolving around Stella's mishap.

After a few minutes Prince Thomas is bringing Stella back into the room and she looks much better with a glass of water in hand.
Queen Kate reassures everyone that the medical staff took responsibility over these kind of things and anyone else with allergies needs to alert us.

Everyone returns to their seats as lunch was served. "Mediterranean lamb wraps with fresh lamb, home grown vegetables and smokey sauce dressing."

Everyone got a lamb wrap placed in front of them, and the vegetarians got a similar one without the meat. It would be hard to eat this without making a mess and without looking totally unladylike.

I dug into my food and found myself really enjoying it, it was certainly well thought out by the Emerald group.
The royals definitely seemed to be enjoying the meals and seemed impressed by the meal selections.