Part 15

"Your highness? Miss? Miss wake up."

I stirred into waking and the first thing I saw was the maid standing before us, trying to wake us up.

"Huh?" I open my eyes fully and realise I was asleep splayed across Thomas's chest. What was worse was the little spot of drool I could see on his shirt.
And he was already awake, looking down at me with a humorous glance.

I blush from our proximity and sit up, scooting away from him and pulling the blanket to wrap around myself.

"Sorry your highness, but it is nearly 10:30 pm and you had fallen asleep." The maid says, turning off the screen and clearing away some of the popcorn. She then excuses herself, leaving out the door quickly.

I wait for the prince to say something but he just chuckles and give me a smile, "Getting a little comfortable there."

I bury my head into the blanket to avoid his tormenting gaze.
"Sorry."
I say quietly, my voice muffled even more from being hidden in the blanket.

Thomas moved back to be closer to me, "Hey, Bells, don't be sorry. I fell asleep too. It's fine."

I look up at him and find out that he wasn't being sarcastic.
"Really?"

He nods with a smile, "Of course. It was kind of cute."

I let out some sort of embarrassed squeak. The prince thought me drooling on him was cute?

Then Thomas stands up, "Come on Bells. It's getting late and I should probably escort you back to your room before another maid comes looking for us."

The thought of getting up and having to walk back to my room suddenly exhausted me.

"But I'm comfy." I complain, snuggling into the blanket.

"I can tell." His lip quirks up, "So you had a good time?" The prince asks as he retrieves his blazer and shrugs it back on over his shoulders.

"Well, I was with you," I pull myself from the couch and wrap my hand around his arm again, "Tom, so of course I had a good time."

We put on our shoes and Prince Thomas led me out the door. He escorted me back to my room, and I noticed no one was around apart from some guards who nodded as we passed.

It was like sneaking back after a night out but every guard saw us and it made me feel a little insecure.
Reaching my room Thomas let my arm part from his and I felt my body go cold once more.

"Thank you, for accompanying me, Lady Isabelle." Prince Thomas bows before me and takes my hand which he kisses ever so lightly.

"Thank you, your highness." I give him a low curtsey before returning to my room as he begins down the hall.

As I get ready for bed I think about our date and how I actually felt a connection.
But I guess it's only going to get harder to compete for his time as he's got so many other girls to get through.

✿✿✿

The next day Riley helped me into a day dress she had picked out an off the shoulder knee length dress that was a stunning royal blue.

Riley twisted a few ends of my hair skilfully and put it into a half up do.
She pinned a few silver gems within the twists of my hair that sparkled in the lights.

I changed my earrings to a pair of blue gemstone studs and added a matching necklace to go with it.

Riley sends me hurriedly downstairs for breakfast, saying I was likely to be late since I slept in.

As I came in the dining room everyone was already seated, including the royal family. I got a lot of different looks, many assuming I was looking for attention but I was mostly trying to avoid it.

"I'm sorry for being late, you majesties." I give a curtsey in their direction before hurrying to sit somewhere, but the tables are set up differently.

The girls have 4 different round tables around the room. Each with a coloured sash draped across the middle. I figure it out and move to Amethyst table, sitting beside Yasmin and Indi in the empty seat, and notice I have a direct view of the prince from here.

Prince Thomas suddenly stood from his seat, "Now that everyone is finally here," He shot me a cheeky glance and I ducked my head, "I would like to explain the change in setup. Over the next week with your team you need to prep a welcoming for the extended royal family. Each group is responsible for a different activity throughout the day. More information will be given to you but we ask that you start planning now."

A few butlers entered carrying different coloured file folders and delivered them to the corresponding coloured table.
"These folders have key information including the number of people, time of day, food options and decoration advice. You may chose to host your activity in any room or area of the garden but it cannot be the same as another team."

Once the butler slid the folder onto our table Yasmin quickly snatched it up and flicks through its contents.
"What activity would we want to do? Our time slot it 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm." Yasmin said as she continued to read the booklet.

"How about something thing outdoors, like a picnic?" Harriet suggests to our group in a whisper.

"Yes, on the lawn. With afternoon tea like cakes and small sandwiches." I suggest and see Remy nodding, agreeing.

Indiana pointed to something in the booklet, "It says we should have some form of performance to entertain the guests."

"I could sing, can anyone else sing?" Harriet asked the group and I kept quiet.

"Yes! We could do a duet." Yasmin said with a smile. Harriet and Yasmin share a look and move their chairs to be closer to one another.

"I can play violin." I add in, hoping I could help out performing.

"That's good, maybe Remy and I could do a bit of a magic show, we've been practising a few tricks yesterday." India suggests and I nod.

We plan some ideas and write down the best ones in our folder.

I look over at some of the other teams, Ruby all has their heads together, even Genevieve seems to be pitching in. Sapphire were also working well, quickly and quietly.

Emerald weren't doing so good.
Olive and Lexi seemed to be arguing, totally against each other's ideas and they were all yelling at one another.

I noticed that the royals, including the king, were watching them with disapproving faces.

"You trying to ruin this for us." Lexi yelled at Olive, throwing the booklet over the table at the girl.
Everyone in the room went silent as Lexi stormed out the room and not a moment later Olive left too out the side door.

After a moment everyone went back to their tasks and chatter filled the room again.

The prince stood and came over to Amethyst table to Harriet.
"My lady, would you like to accompany me on a date?"

And before breakfast had even begun the prince whisked Harriet out the door.