Part 55

Of course when the alcohol was brought around not everyone was allowed it since many of the royals children were underage. But that didn't seem to stop some people though.

This Christmas Eve Ball wasn't as big as the Winter Festival, but it was crowded since all the families from most of the Nobility were here.

I was hesitant to drink any alcohol since I was in the presence of so many royals, but after one glass I was feeling better about it.

Everyone was limited to 2 glasses of alcohol, but I'm pretty sure many people were well over the limit. The mood was buzzed and light, the music louder and faster.

I can almost guarantee Princess Charlotte was drunk, the way she stuttered and stumbled against Prince Edward as they attempted to dance, and she was only sixteen so I was sure she had been given the wrong drink.

Somehow I managed to have definitely more than 2 drinks. 4? Or 5 perhaps?

At a royal event like this with so many important people you would think it would be more contained, yet it seems like everyone was using the holiday as a reason to let there hair down.

Luckily the camera crews had left and not all the royal parents were drinking so they could keep an eye on everyone.

I was trying to offer Thomas another drink but he refused, saying he didn't want to drink too much.

"Come on Tom, loosen up." I say, trying to plead him into having more fun with me.

I was bobbing up and down to the music that flowed through the room and holding onto Harriet's arm as she stood beside me, probably more than slightly concerned.

Hadley, Harriet, Prince Thomas, Prince Edward and I all stood in a somewhat circle. We were all moving slowly to the music, well that's what it looked like to me, maybe it was just the spinning of my head.

Ok, maybe I had drunk way more than the 2 glass limit, but that was all part of the fun right? I'll worry about the consequences tomorrow.

"It's getting late, I might head out." Harriet says, trying to remove my sweaty hands from around her with trouble. I groan and roll my eyes as she steps away. Of course she doesn't want to have any more fun. Who cares if it's past 11. Or was it 12?

Prince Edward says something to Thomas and they both nod.
"Yeah I'm heading to bed too." Hadley says through a yawn and follows Harriet out.

Prince Edward makes some excuse to leave and shuffles quickly through the crowd to exit the room. They all leave, which is kinda sad,

I cover my mouth with my hand to stop my yawn but fail and head for the door with a few stumbles.

"Hey, Bells, where are you going?" An arm grabs mine and I turn and meet Thomas's wide eyes. He looks at me with concern and I wave him off.

I smile softly, "To my room, I'm tired." I give him a pat on his arm before I remove it and stumble from the room.
Things were moving around in front of me so fast and I grip my head to try and concentrate, get it together I tell myself.

I find myself holding onto the wall for support and I barely realise Thomas was following me until he moved right in front of me.
"Isabelle, let me help you." He says softly, but it sounds ten times louder in my head.

"No, stop yelling." I say and push off the wall and move past him, trying to get to the elevator quickly. The damn thing was a few meters away.