Part 30

A cheer went around the room and I was faced with excited smiles and grateful glances as I passed around the cupcake tray.
The day room was full of chatter again, a more comforting environment than it had been the past few hours.

While some girls happily took cupcakes, others were interested in Charlotte's cookies, which seemed to be a big hit.

Even Queen Kate, and Queen Meghan both came in to try some of our treats.

"Delicious girls." Queen Kate gave us a happy look and I saw a glint of pride as she looked to her daughter and saw her so happy.

I flicked my eyes to the door as Prince Thomas poked his head through before coming in to the room.
He gave me a grin and quickly came towards me, his large strides making it to me in merely a few steps.

"Hey Bells." He greeted me, quietly so not to attract others attention and I smiled up at him. He was looking fine in his work suit and his hair was neatly done, making him look undeniably attractive.
I smiled shyly and extended my tray of cupcakes towards him, "Want one?"

He grinned and took a frosty blue cupcake from the plate, bitting into it eagerly and getting frosting all across the top of his lips.

"Mm delicious. I'll remind myself to ask you if I ever need baked goods." He says and makes me giggle, even though it wasn't funny. The prince gave me a warm smile, quickly licking the icing from around his mouth.

He lent in close to whisper something, so close I could smell his cologne, "And if I'm being honest my sister isn't the best at cooking."

I chuckled and he smirked as he finished off his cupcake.
I glanced to see Charlotte chatting away to her mother while handing out her cookies.
But the queen wasn't watching her daughter, she was looking over in my direction, watching my interaction with the prince.

When I noticed her gaze upon me I ducked my head down and avoided the princes gaze.
I set down the tray with only a 3 remaining cupcakes onto the table beside me, careful not to let them topple over.

Since I wasn't sent home with the lot of girls who had already gone, I was happy with my relationship with the prince.
Since he didn't send me home on the spot after this morning says something in itself, and for that I was extremely grateful.

It did seem too good to be true. He was good looking, funny, respectful and smart, all the qualities any reasonable person would want. And an amazing family that were all welcoming and lovely.

I picked up a cupcake for myself and took a small bite. The frosting did really make the vanilla flavour shine.
I had to admit it was tasty.

"Hey, how about I offer you a job for the winter festival?" Prince Thomas said and I looked up with a mouth full of cupcake.

I nearly spat out my food at the suggestion. Another job at the winter festival? Did he not know the Queen wanted me to play violin? It seemed the royal family was becoming reliant on me and it made me want to laugh.

I quickly finished chewing, "And what's this job?"

Thomas smiled at me, "You could make some festive treats. Cupcakes or cookies or whatever you want." The prince explained giving me a smile.

I smiled but raised an eyebrow at him, "That's over a week away, what if you want me out before then?" I say, even though I knew I would have to stay till then anyway because of the queens performance offer.

Thomas smirked, "Well, maybe I'll keep you until then at least, but no promises after that." He said teasingly, knocking my shoulder slightly to make me smile.