4

Seokjin came to hospital walking like a zombie. He entered his cabin and was greeted by his two juniors. "Good morning hyung!" Jimin said with most cheerful voice. Seokjin just hummed in response. 

"Wow, you look like a zombie," Jungkook said giving Seokjin his coffee. 

"Of course, he is tired of what happened yesterday." Jimin closed the file he was reviewing. 

"It was fun yesterday. I'm sure they were some mafia gang." Jungkook was overly excited by the incident, forgetting that he was on the verge of tears. 

Jimin laughed, "Oh please. You were crying. At least I accept that I was afraid shitless." 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Hyung did you see his face?"

Seokjin took a sip from his coffee, "Nope. It was too dark and I was more focused on the bullet. I didn't even see the person I gave instructions to."

Jungkook clicked his tongue, "Eh, shame. We would have seen a real mafia."

"He could have been a businessman. Nowadays there are so many attacks on them." Jimin took another file giving the first to Seokjin to sign. 

"But there were so many people around him. With guns." Jungkook said showing finger guns. 

"They can be his bodyguards." Jimin was writing something while bickering with Jungkook. 

"You two, shut up. I'm already having a headache. And my favourite car had to suffer. I had to give it to repair it." Jin closed the file and supported his face in his hands. 

"Ah, it's great that you don't have surgery today. You can take a nap. We'll handle the patients." Jungkook stood up from the chair and started wearing the coat.

Seokjin raised his eyebrows, "What about the old lady's surgery. That's important."

Jimin smiled weakly, "Umm... Dr Han begged the management to give the case to him and the management gave it. He is gonna do the surgery now."

Seokjin was really not happy with this, "What? It's a high profile case, and it's complicated. If he screws this, the hospital will suffer. Dr Han is a good doctor but not for this case."

"We know hyung but we can't do anything. And plus I'm sure he begged it to prove that he's better than you." Jungkook shrugged, "But clearly there's no competition between you two. You're clearly better."

Seokjin squinted his eyes, "This is not about competition. It's about saving lives. Never look at this profession as a competition. Either you are here to save lives or don't come at all. Understood?"

Both the males nodded. Jimin closed the last file, "Anyway, you should take a nap, Jungkook and I will take a round of patients."

Seokjin nodded and put his legs on the desk and leaned back on the chair, closing his eyes. 

~

"Hey Ken, how's Joon?" Yoongi entered the room where Namjoon was resting with all the machines connected to his body.

"He's good. Actually great. He'll wake up in a few hours or even a few minutes." Ken was writing something in a file. "Did you see who the doctor was?"

Yoongi shook his head, "Why?"

"Look the work he has done. I mean these neat stitches, in the darkness where you can't see each other's faces. It's incredible. Many doctors can't do this in the operation theatre. He is really a medical genius." Ken said showing the stitches to Yoongi. 

"He was good, to be honest. He didn't even flinch when the men were pointing guns at him." Yoongi chuckled. 

"I'm sure he doesn't care about the rules. Because these types of surgeries can't be done without informing the police. And doing surgery outside the OT can suspend his medical license for a lifetime." Ken was reading vitals while talking to Yoongi when they saw Namjoon waking up. "Whoa, you're awake already huh?"

Namjoon grunted holding his head and flinched as he was about to move his left hand. 

Ken supported him to get up, "How are you feeling?" 

Namjoon closed his eyes in pain, "Have a headache. My left shoulder hurts bad."

Ken nodded, "I'm restricting your left-hand moments till you get better. Two weeks of strict bed rest. And don't take too much stress." 

"Two weeks?" Namjoon shouted immediately regretting it. 

"Yes, exactly because of this," Ken said pointing at wincing Namjoon. "I'll visit you this evening. Take a rest." Ken smiled and left the room. 

"Who operated on me?" Namjoon's voice was almost a whisper. 

"We don't know. Couldn't see his face. And I'm sure he didn't see our faces too. It was too dark." Yoongi moved closer to Namjoon, "Are you okay?"

Namjoon winced, "Just a little pain. Where's Taehyung?" His voice turned concerned. 

"Don't worry he's safe. He's sleeping because he couldn't sleep last night. He was crying badly." Yoongi's voice dropped down. 

"Tell him to visit me once he is awake," Namjoon said closing his eyes. 

Yoongi just nodded even though he knew that Namjoon can't see him and left the room to let Namjoon sleep.