19

Warning: Child abuse
                    Physical abuse (not sexual)

Namjoon took a deep breath and looked at his hands. Seokjin held his hand, "It's okay if you don't want to. I understand."

Namjoon shook his head, "It is only fair when you told me about your past life."

Seokjin smiled a little, "It's not about fairness, Joon-ah. It's about comfort. Don't tell if you are not comfortable."

Namjoon nodded and held Seokjin's hand with his other, "When I was very young, I had a normal family. My dad was in a respectable position, my mom was a housewife and we all spoiled Taehyung with our love. Dad loved mom with his dear life and he loved us too. We lived a very happy life. When I was ten, mom, Taehyung and I went to see the firecrackers and my mom... met with an accident. She died on the spot."

Namjoon was shaking a bit but still didn't lose his composure. Seokjin squeezed his hand. Namjoon closed his eyes and began again, "After mom died, dad started getting away from us. He would come home late, or would not come home for days together. We thought he was just getting over the fact that we lost our mom. But one day he came home. Drunk. He called me into his room and started screaming at me that it was my fault that mom died. He even got to the length of saying that it would have been better if it was me or Taehyung. I thought he didn't mean it and the alcohol was talking. But after that, he would always make sure to make us feel that it was our fault. It was so bad that we started thinking that it was our fault. Taehyung would not sleep without cuddling me and being told that it was not his fault. I took the entire responsibility on myself.

"Then one day dad came home drunk and called me into his room. I thought he was just going to make his usual comments. But when I went in, he started beating me up. I didn't say anything in order to not make him angrier and go to Taehyung. It became a daily routine for me. He would come home drunk and beat me with a variety of things, starting from his hand to his belts. After the beating, I would go to my room and try to sleep. Taehyung would always come to my room to hug me while I sleep and would say that everything would be fine. Dad would come back to us. This went on for three years. Then one day, he came home, drunk...

Past

Namjoon was staring at his father as he waited for the beating. He stood there with his head hung low and hands behind his back. 'Here we go again, 3, 2, 1.' the beating never came. Confused, he raised his head and found his father going past him. He was opening the belt from his dress pants and started walking forwards. Namjoon looked in the direction and was horrified. He was going towards Taehyung's room. Namjoon swiftly walked towards his father and stood in front of him, "Appa, I am here in front of you. Where are you going?"

His father looked at him and slapped him right across his face, "How dare you question my actions? Do you want to know where I am going? I am going to that little devil. I'm bored of watching you get used to my belts."

Namjoon froze at his place. His baby was in danger. Taehyung can't handle these things. No! He went in front of his father again, "No, appa, please. Leave him alone. I beg you! Please!"

His father sighed and started hitting Namjoon with the belt in his hand. Namjoon felt relieved that now, Taehyung was safe. But the hitting stopped halfway and his father started walking towards the room. Namjoon froze as his father opened the door. Taehyung was sitting in the corner hugging his legs and crying. Namjoon's heart dropped as he saw Taehyung. Suddenly, he saw a beer bottle sitting on the table and he stood up. He was in so much pain, that his body almost went numb. But, still, he walked towards the bear bottle and took in his hand. He looked at Taehyung's room and saw his father almost ready to hit Taehyung. He became angry and limped toward his father as fast as he could. He collected all the strength he had and hit the bottle on his father's head. The man went still and fell on the floor. Namjoon looked at Taehyung, "Pack your bag. But, don't take too long. We are leaving the house." Taehyung nodded and ran to pack his bag. Namjoon went to his room and packed his bag and took all the savings he had and went to Taehyung again. And saw that his father was still unconscious. He looked up in his pocket and found some money he could use to escape the house.

Present

Seokjin was in tears by the end of the story. But wait, he was wrong, it wasn't even the end. Namjoon wiped the tears and smiled, "After we ran away, I took Taehyung to a small shop and we ate dinner and found a place to sleep. But I couldn't wake up the next morning. Maybe because of the wounds. When I opened my eyes, I was in a hospital which looked expensive. I looked around and found Tae sleeping on the sofa. He had much nicer clothes on. When the nurse found me awake, she called the doctor and the man who had saved me. Apparently, Taehyung had told him whatever had happened to us in the last three years. The man was proud of me and offered to work for him. And in exchange, he would give us a house, better education and salary. I agreed immediately. As promised he did give Taehyung and me everything. And because I had no huge expense now, I started saving and opened my own company when I had enough money. I am still grateful to him for saving my and Taehyung's life and making us what we are today."

Seokjin hugged Namjoon tightly and started to comb his hair with his hand, "I am sorry, Joon-ah. You had to go through so much."

Namjoon put his hands loosely around Seokjin's waist and chuckled, "I'm fine hyung. It was in the past. I moved on."

Seokjin broke the hug and cupped Namjoon's face, "I am so proud of you Joon-ah. You are so brave."

Namjoon smiled and remembered the exact words spoken by someone.

Namjoon looked at the man who was cleaning his wounds. The man smiled, "I am so proud of you Joon-ah. You saved your little brother and completed your duty. You are so brave." That day, Namjoon cried in the man's arms for hours and slept due to exhaustion. The man was Kim Jonghyun.

Namjoon smiled at the memory, but at the same time felt guilty. He looked at Seokjin and smiled, thinking 'Like father, like son.'

~

They were standing below Seokjin's apartment in comfortable silence, staring at each other. Seokjin finally spoke, "You should go now."

Namjoon nodded, "You go in first."

Seokjin nodded and started to walk but was pulled back. He gasped and was surprised by the sudden hug. He smiled and hugged Namjoon back, "I told you, you can come upstairs."

Namjoon shook his head but stayed in the hug. After a few minutes, Seokjin broke the hug but didn't detach the bodies, "It was a fun date. Thank you for lifting up my mood and opening up to me." He got on his toes and pecked Namjoon on his lips.

Namjoon, not being really satisfied by the time, leaned in and kissed Seokjin. A smile formed on Seokjin's lips and he kissed back. Namjoon broke the kiss and kissed him on the forehead, "Go inside. Good night, hyung."

Seokjin kissed his cheek and smiled, "Good night."

Namjoon waited till he went in and saw the lights of Seokjin's apartment getting on. He got in his car and drove off.