38

Two months after Seokjin's apparent birthday celebration, everyone had settled into their normal life. Yoongi and Jungkook moved in together in Yoongi's apartment. They had to convince Seokjin too much to get permission. And that too much involved a grand dinner. Yoongi thought it was just an excuse to get free dinner.

Jimin and Taemin had finally made their relationship official and Taemin helped to make sure that Jungkook and Jimin never got caught by any officer.

Hoseok had made sure that Taehyung's birthday was lavish. He took him shopping for the entire day and to his father's restaurant for dinner. The father-son duo had reconciled. Namjoon also came by to give him a surprise and they ate dinner as a family after many years. Mr Kim had arranged firecrackers for Taehyung's birthday. They came to know that his father arranged firecrackers every year on Namjoon's and Taehyung's birthday. Taehyung really enjoyed it and had the best birthday ever. Well, yet, according to Hoseok.

Namjoon and Seokjin had moved several steps ahead in their relationship. Yet, Seokjin was not moving in with Namjoon and Namjoon respected the decision. Yet, he went to Seokjin's hospital to pick him every day after Seokjin's duty and they spent some time together, before leaving each other, or... well having sex.

Seokjin had continued to send Chanyeol to spy on RM and Chanyeol would go after the mafia boss or those in the inner circle, like he was going right now. He had Seokjin on his phone who was giving him instructions on what to do. There was a knock on Seokjin's cabin. Jimin entered after the knocks and smiled at Seokjin, "Hey, hyung, what are you doing?"

Seokjin smiled, "Chanyeol has finally found RM and is following his car so that he can follow them and see who RM is."

Jimin froze from shock but recovered immediately, "I'll go get some coffee for you."

Getting a nod from Seokjin, he ran out of the office and started calling someone.

Oh, he Jimin. We are in the middle of something if you could call later, maybe.

Jimin rolled his eyes, "Listen, put the phone on speaker."

Umm... done.

"There is a car following you. Black, SUV."

Yes, we know. We kind of led him here, so that we can catch him.

"We? How many are you?"

There was a chuckle on the other side, "Me, Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung."

Jimin pursed his lips in a thin line and thought for some time. After a few seconds he finally spoke, "Can you lose him in the traffic?"

Someone other than Taehyung spoke, "I can try." It sounded like Yoongi.

There were screeching noises on the other side, mostly because the car was driven too rashly. Jimin waited for almost fifteen minutes before Yoongi spoke again, "We lost them. But it was our plan from the start to catch them and torture them until they confessed."

Jimin rolled his eyes. There was a different voice this time, probably Namjoon, "But how did you know that we were being followed?"

Jimin sighed and hesitatingly spoke, "The man was sent by Seokjin hyung."

What?

All the three spoke at the same time. Namjoon went again, "Why would he do that Jimin? I don't understand."

Jimin sighed again, "I don't know. One moment he was saying that he trusts RM and another moment he was sending Chanyeol to follow you guys. And who the hell are the other two members that I don't know."

I can't reveal their names. I am sorry.

Jimin closed his eyes, controlling his anger, "Fine."

~

Jimin entered the meeting room. Seokjin was sitting in the center. Jungkook on his left and followed by Chanyeol. There was a seat empty on his right followed by Baekhyun. He went and sat on the right of Seokjin. As he sat, Chanyeol started to give the information he had. There were many things unwrapping and new things uncovered. Jimin was worried that if Chanyeol was going to dig in further, he would end up finding out the truth. When Chanyeol ended his speech, Jimin finally spoke, "Why?" His eyes were on his lap.

Seokjin hummed in response. Jimin looked at him, "Why are you looking for him?"

Seokjin stared right into his eyes, "Because I can't let an incapable person lead the group."

Jimin chuckled, "We both know he is more than capable of doing it. Don't lie to me Kim Seokjin. I can see through your lies. Why are you doing this?"

Seokjin glared at him, "Which side are you on Park Jimin?"

Jimin looked with the equal intensity, "There are no sides here Seokjin. We belong to the same gang, the same family. Why would you send Chanyeol hyung after him?"

Seokjin slammed his fist on the desk, eyes red with anger, "BECAUSE I AM FUCKING JEALOUS!" His voice cracked and his eyes were filled with tears. He looked on the desk blankly, "I am jealous of him and I want a face to put that jealousy and hate on." He said, grinding his teeth. "On my birthday, I went to meet appa and dad. After that, I went to the headquarters. There I went through the files and found that he was handling the gang better than I would ever have. He is handling MY gang better than ME! Everything, every member, every deal is handled so well that I became insecure. Insecure of myself. My abilities. So insecure that when I saw the photos sent by Daena that night, I thought that of course Namjoon would find a better person than me a-and leave me. A-and I thought y-you guys would leave me too." They heard a sniffling noise and everyone was worried.

Jimin stood up first and went to him and hugged him from the side, "I am sorry hyung. I am sorry. I shouldn't have asked you."

Seokjin shook his head, "It's okay, Jimin-ah. I am sorry, I wasted your time."

Chanyeol Spoke next, "No. It's your right to know who is leading in your place."

Jimin nodded, "Yes, it is. But hyung, if master has chosen him as his successor, then I am very much sure that he knows how capable RM is. And don't worry hyung. He may be master's successor, but you are master's son. You two have different places in the gang. We trust you and are proud of you. You don't have to be jealous of anyone. Ever again. We would never leave you, hyung."

Seokjin looked up at Jimin and smiled, "Thank you Jimin-ah. You lifted a huge weight from my heart." He looked at Chanyeol, "Chanyeol, you don't have to follow him anymore." Chanyeol nodded and smiled.

Jungkook hesitatingly spoke, "Uhh, so does anyone want pizza?"

They all laughed and nodded. "It's my treat." Baekhyun said, getting his credit card out, unknown to the fact that RM heard their entire conversation.