34

Midnight

The city was in the blankets of cold and darkness. The only light source was the moonlight that illuminated the streets. He had chosen the loneliest street to meet up knowing he could be followed. He took a sharp turn on his left and was met by another figure. "Did you find him?"

The figure shook his head, "They have hidden his traces so well that no one knows where he comes from and where he disappears."

The man scoffed, "Then why am I paying you?"

The figure rolled his eyes, "I have some information though."

The man hummed, "What?"

"He recently broke all the ties with the Rex mafia."

The man squinted his eyes, "Why?"

"I don't know. And also he went inactive for almost a week now."

The man rubbed his chin, "Anything else?"

The figure nodded, "There was an appointment of 8 people. It was very secret and no one knows why it was. The eight people were then sent to different countries, once the work was over. They have increased the security around the mansion and around him. His information has dug even deeper."

The man was about to say something when his phone rang. He picked it up, "What?"

Where did you go? You were not there when I woke up. I got worried.

The man chuckled, "Don't worry Namjoon-ah, I am fine. I went out for a walk because I couldn't sleep. I'm just returning back."

Okay, come back safe Jin hyung. I am waiting.

Seokjin smiled, "Sure." He cut the phone and looked at the figure in front of him, "I want every information on RM. I don't care how. But I want to know who he is."

The figure nodded, "Are you going to take the place?"

Seokjin chuckled, "No. I want to know his competence. I can't let a nobody run the gang that dad has grown with his blood and sweat."

The figure nodded and was about to leave when Seokjin stopped him, "Chanyeol!" He turned back and looked at Seokjin with confusion. "We won the case today. Baekhyun would be out tomorrow. Do you want to join me when I go and sign the papers for his release?"

Chanyeol looked at Seokjin with tears in his eyes, "Y-yes. Text me the time."

Seokjin smiled, "I'll pick you up at 7 in the evening."

Seokjin sighed as Chanyeol left the street and went back to Namjoon's house. As soon as he entered, he was met by a tight hug, "Calm down Joon-ah, I just went for a walk."

Namjoon hid his face in Seokjin's neck, "I thought you went back to your home."

Seokjin chuckled and ruffled the younger's hair, "I promised you to stay here tonight, didn't I?" Namjoon only hummed in response. Seokjin laughed, "You are such a big baby. Let's go to sleep. So you are ready for opening the stitches tomorrow."

Namjoon looked at him with his head still on Seokjin's shoulder and smirked, "And then fuck you to oblivion."

Seokjin hit him on the shoulder, "Aish, you horny teenager!"

Namjoon laughed, "Your horny teenager and also, I am 24."

Seokjin rolled his eyes. His ears were already red, "Whatever, let's go."

Next day, Seokjin and Namjoon were having breakfast when Hoseok came in with Taehyung. Taehyung went straight to Namjoon, "Good morning hyungs."

Namjoon chuckled, "Good morning Tae!"

Seokjin nodded, "Good morning."

Hoseok chuckled, "I think I'm forgotten."

They looked at him and laughed. Namjoon smiled, "Of course not. Come sit and have breakfast."

Hoseok sat next to Taehyung and started eating. Seokjin looked around and was confused, "Why is there so much security suddenly?"

Hoseok looked at him, "Because now I can't let anything happen to Namjoon. We are increasing security." Seokjin nodded. Hoseok thought for a few minutes and spoke again, "I think we will have to increase Jin hyung's security too. If something happens to you then Namjoon will be affected."

Seokjin stopped eating and looked up and smirked, "Are you saying I am not capable of taking care of myself?" Hoseok shivered under his gaze. Seokjin stood up and took steps towards him, "Hoseok-shi, I think Namjoon didn't tell you but I am the son of Kim Kibum. I have the record of taking care of most men by myself." He smiled sweetly, "Don't worry, I can take care of myself. Just make sure nothing happens to Namjoon."

Namjoon was smiling the whole time, and maybe a little turned on too. But he didn't show it. Seokjin stepped away from Hoseok and smiled, "I'll go to the hospital. Namjoon, make sure you reach there on time."

Namjoon nodded and went close to him and kissed him on the cheek, "Take care." Seokjin nodded and went out of the house. Namjoon went back to his chair.

Hoseok sighed in relief, "Damn! You two really compliment each other."

Namjoon laughed and shook his head, "He is something else."

Taehyung laughed, "You should have seen Hobi's face. He was so pale! Paler than Yoongi hyung."

Hoseok rolled his eyes and kept eating.

~

"And done. You are free to go."

Namjoon smiled at Seokjin, "Thank you."

Seokjin nodded, "By the way, I have a day off tomorrow."

Namjoon's eyes and smile widened, "Really? Then please can you come to my house after your duty ends?"

Seokjin laughed, "No. I mean I will come tomorrow by evening."

Namjoon pouted, "Why evening?"

Seokjin booped his nose, "I have other stuff to take care of Joon-ah. I'll come to you as soon as I complete them."

Namjoon looked away but to only hide his blush, "F-fine. I'll be waiting for you."

Seokjin was about to tease him when the door opened, "Sir, Hoseok sir asked you to be home soon. He said he is coming with sir Taehyung and sir Yoongi."

Namjoon sighed, "I think it's serious. I'll see you tomorrow."

Seokjin nodded and pecked his lips. Namjoon left the room with Youngjea behind him. As soon as they were no were to be seen, he changed his demeanor and called Chanyeol, "Chan, get ready, I'm coming."

~

The police station was functioning peacefully when three cars screeched in front of it. Kai was the first to get out of the car. He nodded and three men went inside the building. They came out after a few minutes and gave a thumbs up. Kai opened the back door. The first thing coming out was a black shoe, which was so shiny that it could be used as a mirror. Then came Seokjin wearing a white dress shirt, blue suit and black dress pants. His hair was combed back probably with gel. He stood there tall and proud.

As he went in, the police inspector stood in front of him, "How can I help you?"

Seokjin smirked, "I am here for the release of Byun Baekhyun."

The inspector laughed, "You will have to wait for two hours. You can sit on the bench there." He pointed at the wooden bench on the corner.

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "Heechul hyung, please take over."

Heechul came from behind and stood beside Seokjin. He gave papers to the inspector, "Byun Baekhyun had to be released two hours ago but he is still not here in front of me."

The inspector scoffed, "So what? I am the inspector and I will decide when he gets out."

Heechul rolled his eyes. He sighed and gave the inspector a piercing stare, "Release him now or I will have to take actions which can lead you to suspension, inspector. Don't try me. I have made a judge quit his job, you are just a tiny inspector."

Seokjin smiled and crossed his hands in front of his chest, "I want him out in fifteen minutes, officer."