18

Namjoon looked at himself in the mirror and scanned his outfit. He wore a white t-shirt and blue denim jeans paired with a black jacket. He wore glasses and looked at himself again. "Eh! Too much." He threw the glasses and started wearing his shoes. He drew in the car listening to the music and singing along with his favourites and debating on whether to tell Seokjin about him being RM or not. As he entered the hospital, he found the usual bustle missing. He went to the receptionist and asked, "Can I meet Kim Seokjin?"

The receptionist looked up at him, "Yes you can, but take care. He is in a ... different kind of mood."

Namjoon was confused, "What? What exactly do you mean?"

The receptionist gave him a pity smile, "You'll know. He is in his office."

Namjoon bowed and went to Seokjin's office, still confused about what the receptionist meant. He got to know what she meant as soon as he knocked on Seokjin's office door. He got a very sore 'Go away.' Namjoon still opened the door just to receive a flying pillow. Namjoon caught the pillow and looked at Seokjin. Namjoon's heart dropped when he saw Seokjin sitting on the couch, hugging his legs and shaking slightly. His eyes were red and his lips were quivering. Namjoon went near him and wrapped his hands around Seokjin, "It's okay. Let it out." Seokjin tightened the hold on Namjoon's jacket and started sniffling.

After a while, Seokjin broke the hug and looked at Namjoon, "Thank you."

Namjoon smiled, "You want to talk about it?"

Seokjin nodded, "I had an operation this morning. I knew the patient won't make it and that's why I told them to not opt for surgery. But the son of the patient started crying and it broke me. It brought back the past memories and I agreed to operate." Seokjin sniffled and dried some of his tears, "I failed. The operation was unsuccessful. He died because of me."

Namjoon hugged Seokjin again, "It's not your fault hyung. You are a doctor. You can not alter someone's life span. We all have our life span pre-decided. You can't change it." Seokjin nodded and snuggled into Namjoon. Somehow having Namjoon's presence was calming. After almost half an hour they broke the hug and Namjoon gave a huge smile, "We can reschedule the date hyung. If you are not okay."

Seokjin shook his head, "We will go. I'll just change into something comfortable."

Namjoon nodded. As soon as Seokjin went to the changing room, Namjoon called Hoseok, "Hobi, cancel the reservations you made for me and Seokjin. I am changing the date plan." getting an okay from Hoseok he cut the call and started searching for something on the internet.

Seokjin came to the office, wearing a black oversize t-shirt and black jeans with a pink jacket. Namjoon was mesmerised by how quickly Seokjin changed his demeanour. He snapped out of his thought when Seokjin said, "Let's go." Namjoon nodded and led the way to his car.

~

"Where are we going, Namjoon-ah?" Seokjin asked for the fourth time in the entire car ride. "We are driving for one hour. Will you at least give me any hints?"

Namjoon chuckled, "We still have half an hour ride left. So quit asking and enjoy the ride."

After half an hour, they reached the destination, but Seokjin was sleeping. Namjoon smiled to himself. He stirred Seokjin a bit waking him up, "We are here hyung."

Seokjin woke up and squinted his eyes. When he opened his eyes properly and read the name of the cafe, he nearly squealed, "An alpaca cafe?"

Namjoon nodded and held his hand for Seokjin to take it, "Let's go!"

When Seokjin saw the alpaca, he was very happy and excited, "Namjoon-ah, can we adopt this alpaca and take him home?" Seokjin spoke with a pout.

Namjoon laughed, "No we can not. We won't be able to take care of it!"

After pouting for straight 5 minutes, he finally ordered his drinks. Namjoon thought it was the cutest thing he had ever seen.

After talking about random things, Seokjin cleared his throat, "You want to ask something about what happened yesterday?"

Namjoon nodded, "Why were you attacked, hyung?"

Seokjin smiled and looked at his hands, "I'll start from the starting. I was adopted by my dad and Appa when I was 5. They never said that I was their actual son. But they never made me feel adopted. Appa was a doctor and dad was... a mafia leader." He looked at Namjoon for a reaction.

Namjoon faked a shocked reaction but returned to a straight face, "Continue."

Seokjin nodded, "So I started my training when I was 6. I was a fast learner and became a very strong fighter. When I was 10, Jungkook and Jimin came to the training grounds. They accompanied their fathers there. We instantly connected to each other and started training together. Jungkook was almost good at everything but was especially a good sharpshooter. Jimin was good at spying. Very quiet and sneaky. I was good at hand to hand combat.

"We started doing the missions and were a successful trio. But when I was 16, I got into a very critical accident during one of the missions. I almost lost my life. Appa was very terrified by this and sent me, Jungkook and Jimin to the States. He took a promise from me to not return to this life ever again. That was the last time I saw Appa. Four years ago there was an ambush at my house and we lost Appa and dad went into a coma. When I came back, they were expecting me to take over, but I refused because of the promise.

"I knew dad had already chosen a successor and honestly, I don't want to know about him. I completely trust him to lead the gang that dad raised as a family." Seokjin was in tears by the end.

Namjoon stood up from his chair and sat beside him. He hugged him, "It's okay. Your dad will be fine." Seokjin nodded and broke the hug and smiled through his tears. Namjoon wiped his tears and hesitated but spoke anyway, "Can I ask you another question?"

Seokjin nodded, "Go on."

Namjoon gulped audibly, "Umm. Why did you react that way when I could not meet you the week Yoongi hyung was admitted?"

Seokjin sighed, "When I was in the States, I met a guy named Lee Jaenhwan. I felt attracted to him and I proposed to him after knowing him for three weeks. He said yes and said that he felt the same. We lived happily for four months and then he started acting weird. He would avoid me and forget our dates. When I asked him the reason, he said he was very busy and stressed. And because the exams were around the month, I thought he was studying. But one day, I went to the library to surprise him, but he was not there. So I searched the entire campus and found him in the backyard. Making out with a girl. I was broken. When I confronted him, he said he was sent by Appa to protect me, and because I was pretty, he just pretended to like me. I was so broken back then that Jungkook and Jimin had to take me for counselling."

Namjoon nodded but clenched his fist thinking to punch Ken whenever he met him, "It's okay hyung, I understand. I will never cheat on you or betray you. I promise." he smiled, making Seokjin smile wider.

Seokjin stared at Namjoon for a few more minutes and spoke, "Now, tell me your life story."

Namjoon became still. He knew he would have to lie at some points in his stories, but he also knew that Seokjin would get suspicious if he doesn't tell the story. He sighed and braced himself to tell the story.