12

A whole week went by Namjoon ignoring Seokjin. He really felt like shit for doing it but he really needed to think upon the situation at hand. He tried to face Seokjin every now and then but he couldn't find it in him to go in front of him. But he finally decided to face him again. 

On the other hand, Seokjin had been crying to sleep every night and wake up as if nothing had happened. He gave everyone a fake smile and moved on. Only Jimin and Jungkook knew that smile was not true. They talked to him and Seokjin told them everything about what had happened and they were very helpful in having a clear mind. He had decided upon something too. 

So today Namjoon stayed by Yoongi for longer than usual. When Jungkook got in, he got a very weird vibe from Jungkook. He was glaring at Namjoon as if he was gonna kill him right there. He was followed by Jimin who gave the same vibe but a minor one. He took Jungkook in a corner and murmured something to him. Jungkook whined but he complied reluctantly. Jungkook went to Yoongi, "Hyung, you'll be discharged tomorrow. I'm so happy." 

Yoongi smiled, "I'm happy too, bunny." 

Jungkook pouted, "I'm not a bunny!" 

Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon laughed at the youngest. Namjoon looked at the to be a couple very fondly. He cleared his throat, "So I was with Seokjin hyung's and I saw you guys' photo frames on the wall. Are you guys really close?"

Jungkook wanted to answer very rudely, something on the line of 'I don't talk to traitors' but Jimin stopped him. "Yeah, when we were in the States, he used to be our senior and we became friends there. Then he graduated and came here for an internship and got selected immediately. So he made sure that we join this hospital for an internship too and also as his juniors." 

Namjoon nodded, sinking in every detail. Jimin walked past him and gave Taehyung a bone-breaking hug. And they were talking about something when the door opened revealing Seokjin. To Namjoon he looked very beautiful and ethereal. The face was pink and the eyes were bigger than usual. He just couldn't take his eyes off of him. But something was off. He looked... tired. Like he had not slept for days. He felt like shit. 

"Yoongi-shi, you'll be discharged tomorrow. But you'll have to take a strict bed rest for two days after that. No exception." Seokjin said without even batting an eye on Namjoon. 

Yoongi groaned but Namjoon was quick to reply, "Don't worry hyung, I'll take care of it." 

Seokjin looked at Namjoon, "It's Dr Kim for you Namjoon-shi." 

Namjoon was shocked, "What? Hyung-"

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "I said it's Dr Kim." 

Namjoon sighed, "Dr Kim, would you at least listen to me?"

Seokjin scoffed, "Why do you expect me to listen to you? So that you disappear again?"

Namjoon went closer to Seokjin but Seokjin just stepped back, "I was busy. I'm sorry. And I had my reasons, hyung. I'm really sorry." 

Seokjin chuckled, "Sure. I'm not doing anything because you saved my staff's jobs." 

Yoongi decided to intervene, "He saved your job too. Even though you say you don't care about your job." 

Jungkook shrugged, "He actually doesn't care. Don't tell anyone but about two months ago, near Gangnam downtown, he operated on a man outside the OT which is completely illegible." 

Yoongi and Namjoon looked at each other and then he Namjoon looked at Seokjin, "You were the one that operated on me?" 

Seokjin narrowed his eyes, "It was you. Kim Namjoon, age 24. Right! I knew I had heard your name before." 

Namjoon chimes up, "See? I told you we are made for each other. I was finding the person that saved my life for so long." 

Seokjin scoffed, "I told you I don't believe in destiny."

Namjoon whine, "But hyung-"

Seokjin cut him off, "Fine, you believe in destiny, right?" Namjoon nodded, "Let's test your theory. According to you, we are meant to be. So starting tomorrow at 2 pm when Yoongi will get discharged, I'll give you one month. If we meet coincidentally in this one month, the. I'll date you. And if we don't meet, you will leave me alone. Deal?" Seokjin stretched his hand towards Namjoon.

Namjoon looked at him in complete disbelief but he had a determination too. He took the hand, "Deal. Get ready to meet me, Dr Kim."

Seokjin chuckled and started to leave the room, "Park, Jeon, get back to work."

Jungkook and Jimin got startled at the use of their surname, "Yes, sir!" They both almost shouted. Jungkook collected the files and started leaving with Jimin. Jimin stopped in his trails and looked back, "Namjoon hyung, Jin hyung is not a bad person. When you will know him completely, you'll understand why he said these things." He gave a soft smile and left the room. 

~

Namjoon went home after the encounter with Seokjin. He was sitting on the desk in his study room. He was very confused about why had the older reacted to loud for such a small thing. Should he wait and ask him when they meet in that month. Would they even meet? He had accepted the challenge because his pride came in a way but what if they never meet. "Ugh! Why did I agree to the stupid thing?" He opened the laptop and started searching for any information on Seokjin. He didn't find any so he called his best hacker, "Kai, I want every piece of information on Dr Kim Seokjin. Now." 

He waited for at least one hour and the phone rang again. 

Dr Kim Seokjin has done his master's degree in the States and came here to do further practice. He lives alone, I'll send you the address. Apparently, he has no family. Here it shows that his parents were gay and he was adopted. His parents died in a car accident. No siblings. No relatives. I can't find anything about his life before he moved to the US but he was surely born in Korea. No information on who his parents were. I tried to contact the university in the States but they also said that they have no other input. He had two friends there, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook. No other person linked with him. 

Namjoon nodded, "Okay, thanks, Kai. Good job." He cut the call and rested his head on the headrest of the chair and closed his eyes. 

'At least I know your parents. You really are a mystery Kim Seokjin.'