48

The day Seokjin got kidnapped

He was sitting with his father in his office. Kibum had unofficially taken over and was looking at the files from the past four years. The official permissions still went under RM's name. Kibum was really okay with it and was thinking of retiring, but he had to discuss it with Seokjin first.

Seokjin was looking at the photos on the table. There were two frames, one where he was there with both his parents and another in which his parents were with Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok.

Kibum looked at him and smiled, "Do you remember this photo?"

Seokjin tore his glance from the photo and looked at Kibum, "Of course. It was after my first successful solo mission."

Kibum smiled brightly, "We are always proud of you." Seokjin smiled and nodded. Kibum continued, "Would you talk to me about Namjoon and you now?"

Seokjin sighed. There was no way out of this now. He nodded, "When I first met him, he was with Yoongi. Yoongi had heart surgery and he was there to visit him. I started liking him when he was so angry at whoever mixed the drug in Yoongi's system. He helped with my issue with another doctor who tried to jeopardize my job. After that, we got close and I started to love him. And then one day I found out he was your successor.

"I was jealous of RM because he could handle the gang better than me. And then I got insecure that he would take away my friends too. But Jimin and others talked me out of it. But when I saw Namjoon as RM, I was really hurt. Because, first, though he never lied to me but he hid a huge part of him. I immediately thought that he doesn't trust me or I am not worth knowing him completely.

"I didn't let him speak because I was afraid of rejection. I thought he was just playing with my emotions. He must have known who I was. But still, he chose to ignore to tell me that he was RM.

"And then, I saw you interacting with him the day we went to visit appa. You both were talking too friendly and I thought he will take you away too."

Kibum nodded, "Did you ask him why he didn't tell you?"

Seokjin shook his head, "I am too afraid of rejection. What if he was playing with me because I am your son? What if he tells me that he is not interested in me?"

Kibum smiled, "You know, he will never say that. I have seen him looking at you. He looks at you like I looked at Jonghyun. You know why I trust him so much?"

Seokjin shook his head.

Kibum leaned back in his chair, "When Jonghyun and I first saw him, he was so delicate. Almost like a twig which would break if you hold it too tight. When Jonghyun treated him, he had so many scars and he was curious. He asked Taehyung what was the story behind the scars. He told us everything. He had saved his younger brother. But you know what made me appoint him my successor?

"One day in the training, when Taehyung was training for hand to hand combat, he didn't interfere, no matter how hard the trainer hit him. When I asked why he replied that Taehyung had to earn to protect himself. Even though Namjoon is overprotective, he knows what he is doing. Just listen to him one time. I want you two to work together as a team. Romantic or not. And don't worry, no one is taking me away from you."

Seokjin smiled with teary eyes, "I am just- too scared, dad."

Kibum nodded, "I know. I know, honey. But you will have to face him someday."

Seokjin nodded. He looked outside the window and sighed, "I think I will think about it today and talk to him tomorrow. I'll go to the terrace, need fresh air."

Kibum nodded and smiled as Seokjin left the office. He returned to his work as Seokjin left.

After almost two hours he sighed, "Why did I wake up? I don't want to do the paperwork!" His eyes flashed with mischief and he called someone on his landline, "Namjoon, where are you?"

I am in the office of The Moon. Do you need something, master?

Kibum smirked, "I am sending you some papers, please check them and fax them back."

There was a chuckle from the other side, "Running from the paperwork as always?"

Kibum gruffed, "Yaah! I am the master. You can't talk like that."

Namjoon laughed, "I am sorry, master. I'll do the paperwork, don't worry."

Kibum smiled, "I knew I could trust you."

He sighed and stood to get himself some water. As he went to the kitchen, he saw Seokjin running out of the house, "Where are you going?"

Seokjin looked at him, "To Namjoon's."

Kibum smiled proudly, "He is at the company."

Seokjin looked back and gave him a flying kiss, "Thank you dad."

Kibum chuckled. As Seokjin was getting out of the door he yelled, "Use protection!"

There was a faint whine of "Dad!" and then Seokjin was gone.

~

The next day, Namjoon came into the office with a pile of files and Kibum frowned, "Don't tell me I have more paperwork."

Namjoon chuckled, "Good morning to you too, master."

Kibum rolled his eyes, "How was yesterday?" There was a smirk on his face.

"I enjoyed the paperwork you sent." Namjoon said sarcastically.

Kibum sighed, "I am talking about Seokjin. How did it go with him?"

Namjoon was confused, "What?"

As Kibum was about to say something, the door opened and Ken came in, "Good morning. I brought your final report, master."

Kibum nodded. He looked at Namjoon and smirked, "How did it go last night."

Namjoon scrunched his nose, "I don't know what you are talking about."

Ken was confused and looked at Kibum and then at Namjoon, "Seokjin came to your house last night, didn't he?"

Namjoon shook his head, "No. Yoongi came to my house last night almost at 1."

Kibum was now worried, "Where did Seokjin go then?"

Namjoon tried to call him but his phone was not reachable. Namjoon huffed and called Hoseok, "Come in the main office, with your laptop right now."

When Hoseok came in he could sense the tension. "What happened?"

Namjoon looked at him, "We think Jin hyung is missing. Trace his lead from yesterday evening."

Hoseok nodded and typed something on his laptop, "Okay, here he is."

They saw Seokjin running towards his car and going somewhere. They followed him and found him stopping in front of Namjoon's dad's restaurant. They waited for a few minutes and then Seokjin came out again. With food in his hand and followed by Mr Kim.

He bowed to Mr Kim and they chatted for some time and then Seokjin started walking towards his car. Mr Kim had gone inside again. Seokjin was forced into a car and they saw him giving in. Most probably because he was unconscious. They followed the car and the car went to a sea port.

The car went into a container and the container was being loaded into a ship. Namjoon noted the series number and name.

Kibum spoke, breaking the silence, "Find out where the ship is going."

Hoseok nodded and typed something on the laptop again. He spoke after some time, "The ship is going to Africa."

Kibum clenched his jaw and growled, "Hoseok, tell Yoongi to get the chopper ready, we will directly land on the ship. Namjoon, get the contact of the ship's captain and tell him we are landing on his ship. If he doesn't cooperate, tell him that he is messing with Key. And if he wants to live, he has to cooperate."

Namjoon nodded and was about to leave the room, his gaze fell on his watch and he froze.