sixteen

Taehyung started to run as he hurriedly moved his legs to Jungkook's house. He was beyond worried. But who wouldn't? Imagine if you got a a text from someone you care for saying that they felt worthless and wanted to die. How would you feel? Terrified.

Taehyung didn't care that he couldn't breathe or that he felt pain spreading through his legs. He cared more about Jungkook than his own health and well being.

He pounded on the door and screamed for Jungkook's name over and over. What he didn't know was that Jungkook couldn't hear him. Taehyung just knocked down the door with all his might and ran through each room, searching for Jungkook.

"JUNGKOOK!! WHERE ARE YOU!?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No response.

Taehyung pushed through a door and Jungkook was in the corner, staring through the window blankly. He had no clothes on but underwear, making his body show his bruises and cuts all over his skinny body. You could see his bones from not eating in more than seven months, maybe longer.

Taehyung started to feel tears down his face as he ran up to Jungkook and hugged him tight. Jungkook flinched and panicked, biting Taehyung on his arm harshly. Taehyung moved away and held his arm tightly. He kneeled down but he started to sob seeing how blank Jungkook's eyes were.

Taehyung tried to hug Jungkook again but he was just pushed away so he took his next plan.

"Sweetie? What's wrong?" Taehyung asked in his softest voice possible.

Something woke in Jungkook and realized it was Taehyung so he hugged him. Jungkook started screaming and crying out while Taehyung hugged his cold and skinny body. Taehyung kissed his neck softly and cradled him like he was a baby.

Taehyung looked around his room. Bottles. Glass. Blood. Wine. Clothes. Knife.

Taehyung hugged Jungkook tighter and tried to make him feel like he was safe. Even when he wasn't.

Taehyung's theory was right. He was abused.

"Koo, it's alright. No one is going to hurt you."

"B-But h-he did."

"Not anymore. You're staying with me."

"B-But he-he'll find m-me."

"No he won't. I'll make he doesn't touch you at all. You're safe with me Koo."

Jungkook honestly felt safe. He could feel his face burn up as he laid on Taehyung's chest. Jungkook never wanted to leave. He wanted to stay. He found a reason to stay alive.

Thank you Taehyung.

But would that last long?