twenty-three

Jungkook grabbed onto Taehyung like his life depended on it. He wanted comfort.

Seeing Taehyung's parents in that picture smiling gave him every reason to cry.

He wanted to be in that place. He wanted to be able to have parents who would support and care for him. But he never got that. Just suppose he grew up unlucky.

Taehyung was confused. He couldn't tell if Jungkook was crying or not. Either way, Taehyung held onto him, rubbing his back, and tried to call him down.

After a few minutes, that felt like hours, Jungkook calmed down and fell asleep in Taehyung's arms.

Taehyung picked him up and put him on the bed again. He put the covers over him and walked over to a table in the room.

He picked up the phone and went to his contacts and pressed 'Jimin'. He waited for it to dial. He desperately hoped that Jimin would pick up the phone.

His wish was answered and a sudden hello was heard in the other side of the phone.

"Jimin, can you come over please?" Taehyung asked and a sigh was heard.

"Why? What happened this time? The only times you call me is when you need something. If not, you just ignore me."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just please come over."

"Fine. I'm on my way. See you later Tae."

"Yup. Thank you Jimin."

Taehyung hung up and sighed while looking over to the sleeping Jungkook. Taehyung frowned as he observed Jungkook.

His face had red tear stains and his hair was all messed up. He really did feel bad for Jungkook. Taehyung did love Jungkook a lot but he was never able to express it.

When he first texted Jungkook, he thought it would some easy friendship. He never imagined that he would fall in love with him. Nor see him crying and having to comfort him.

Taehyung sat down in his chair with a thump as he remembered he hasn't posted a video on a few weeks. His fans must be worried.

Taehyung got up and went to another room to go film a video right now. He opened his door to his studio and closed the door from behind him. He strolled in his chair with wheels over to his desk and turned it on.

He wasn't in the mood to film so he was just going to explain that he wasn't feeling well and that he won't be posting for another week or so.

After an half an hour, he already had views on the video. Over 20,000 people had watched it and all the comments were wishing for him to get well.

Taehyung smiled and got up, going back to Jungkook. He opened the door quietly and saw that Jungkook was awake for some reason.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and say on the bed next to Jungkook.

"What's wrong Koo?"

"I can't sleep with my shirt on.."

Taehyung almost laughed at Jungkook's distressed face.

"Why are you laughing?" Jungkook felt a little hurt from Taehyung.

"Sorry, honey. It's just funny. You don't have to be distressed about that. Just take off your shirt."

Taehyung said and smiled but Jungkook was still hesitant. Jungkook had scars and bruises all over his body and he didn't want to show them.

"I can't.."

"Why not? Do you want me to leave so you can change?"

"No, it's just... My body is ugly and it has bruises.."

Jungkook whispered the last part but Taehyung heard it. Taehyung felt his heart ache just hearing that Jungkook couldn't take off his clothes in front of people because of his body.

"It's fine. Your body is fine. You don't have to worry Koo."

Jungkook nodded and slowly started to take off his shirt. Taehyung gasped and covered his mouth. His eyes started to form tears.

Jungkook had large scars and bruises across his chest and and he was extremely skinny. From the last time Taehyung saw his body, it only seemed like it was worse. You could see his ribcage and every bone. You wouldn't be able to notice it because of the large sweatshirts he wore.

Jungkook could see the disgusted look from Taehyung and he instinctively covered his body with his arms and hands. Jungkook looked down on his lap and bit his lip nervously.

Taehyung wasn't saying anything. But then he spoke up hesitantly.

"Koo.. C-can you t-take off your pants?"

Jungkook looked at him shocked but he did it anyways.

It was the same. Bruises and cuts were all over his thighs and knees. Taehyung got up and hugged Jungkook. This time, Taehyung was the one who was sobbing. Jungkook's body was freezing and there was no body heat what so ever.

"I'm s-so sorry baby.."