thirty-nine

Have you ever wondered why people have crazy thoughts, or why they become so emotional? Jungkook thought that, every single day, honestly praying that one day, he'd be able to be free from all his thoughts and live the life he wanted

     Have you ever wondered why people have crazy thoughts, or why they become so emotional? Jungkook thought that, every single day, honestly praying that one day, he'd be able to be free from all his thoughts and live the life he wanted. He wouldn't care if he was alone, or he would have to separate from family. He just wanted to be free.

     The hardest part was the thoughts. The ones that kept him up at night. The ones that made him question his undeniable crazy sanity. His thoughts never seemed calm. As a child, it was just the calm before the storm. The age where he felt most at peace before everything came tumbling down.

     As he grew up, he always feared what would happen in the future, knowing that there's always something that would hold him back. Thinking, what would become of his life? Something as simple as would it be possible to be free from his father. Or would he get a nice job to help pay for a big house.

      At this point. Today, present time. He really had no answers. He just laid in Taehyung's arms, feeling like he had all the comfort he needed. Whether he was at home, or even in a mental hospital, he knew that he had an simple escape from the harsh reality. He didn't have to feel the pain all the time. He could finally have a nice rest, or have a conversation without stuttering or feeling anxiety.

     He hoped that people like him would also find comfort, seeking someone who would take care of them, someone who would be there for them no matter what they did. Bad or not. Kinda like a soulmate but closer. He knew the struggle. He knew that they might not feel like they have people who support them and try to help. Because it's hard, trusting random people you've never met.

     His mind was going back and forth, arguing at possibilities to believe if they were being genuine or faking it, to just give them a good laugh for the day. Everyone had their struggles, and they tried to cheer other people up by relating to them. It's just how the world worked. Everyone was fucked up in their own significant ways.

     Jungkook opened his eyes, feeling the pressure suddenly go back onto him, hoping that he would fall back asleep again. The disappointment of realising he had to face the world again. Dealing with people who tried to satisfy themselves by hurting others to get rid of their own pain. Or the people who just hated everyone. He could hear himself groan as he pushed his body up.

     He sighed heavily with his worn out body, looking to his side, smiling at the sleeping Taehyung. He wished he could be like him. Almost getting jealous that he had things that Jungkook didn't have. Though he wouldn't directly say it too him, because then he would come off as selfish. The thing that most people had these days.

     No more sharing like the world was supposed to do. Instead they take everything and become greedy. Thinking like they're the only people who need it. Everyone focuses on work, not taking time for other people. A horrible cycle that would probably never be broken because that's what we became of, right?

     Not everyone was like that though. Some people didn't care of what people thought of them. Didn't care if they would judge and they helped. It was something that made Jungkook happy. He knew not everyone was bad, maybe they were facing horrible things too. Or maybe they had a bad day. But they came out of their way to help someone else. It was beautiful. But sometimes, things of beauty always burns, leaving the ashes behind.