forty

Rain could be heard falling on the roof

Rain could be heard falling on the roof. Jungkook stared at the ceiling with thoughts clouding his busy mind. He felt at ease as he felt arms around his waist and warmth surround his freezing body.

A food tray laid at the other side of the room, waiting to be eaten.

Jungkook yawned and rubbed his eyes before he sat up, peering around the room. He slowly removed the arms and got out of the bed, pushing the thin blankets off.

His lungs felt clouded as he had trouble breathing. He figured he was getting a cold, sneezing while he stood by the table with a silver food tray.

It contained a simple sandwich with a cup of banana milk, which he requested, and then an apple. He didn't necessarily have the appetite to eat though so he pushed the food away.

He sighed, plopping down on the floor. He drew patterns on the floor. It was boring without Taehyung being awake so he just tried to entertain himself with small activities. He listened to the rain and closed his eyes.

That was something that always calmed him down. Sitting somewhere with the noise of rain hitting the windows. Even the sound of thunder calmed him down.

It was just his escape of reality. He didn't have to think that he was crazy, or thinking of his father, or just anything in general.

He opened his eyes, hearing a shuffle in the bed. Jungkook turned his head to the side and slightly smiled seeing that Taehyung was finally starting to become awake. He finally had someone to talk to.

The two made eye contact and Taehyung got up from the bed.

"Are you okay, Koo?" Taehyung too sat down with Jungkook and brought him closer to cuddle with. " Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking.."

Jungkook didn't really want to tell Taehyung his thoughts because he knew he would be worried. So he tried to make it seem less obvious by resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung was smarter though to know that Jungkook was doing more than "thinking".

"You can tell me you know. I'm always here for you sweetheart." Jungkook smiled at the name, remembering when they first met. "I know Tae, it's just complicated."

"I understand. You have a lot of things happening. I won't rush it. I'll wait." Taehyung kissed the top of his head and picked him up into his arms. Walking to the bed once more, he sets him down and pecks his lips.

"You know," Taehyung started suddenly, "I've never met someone so strong like you. And I'm positive you're going to get out of here." Jungkook smiled unconsciously at the thought.

He's truly been through so much that it was hard to believe even to him. There had been so many struggles and being with Taehyung just made him forget about everything.

"Thank you Tae.." He quietly whispered as he snuggled up against Taehyung's warm body, hugging him with his arms while he felt the heat.

"Don't thank me. You just deserve to know that. And I can't believe it. You're already 20 years old! It's been one whole year since we met. Isn't that crazy baby?" Taehyung exclaimed as he smiled wide.

Jungkook know he should have been happy hearing that but he just felt a rush of emotional feelings spread through him, causing his throat to clog as he felt a pain in his heart.

Before he knew it, tears already streamed down his face. Taehyung got worried for a second before he heard Jungkook's heavenly laughter.

"S-stop it. You're making me cry!" Jungkook was trying to wipe his tears but they kept coming down as he laughed too.

Taehyung just smiled and took Jungkook's hands away from his face. He leaned forward and grabbed Jungkook's cheeks and laid his lips on his.

Almost feeling like they fit together, their lips pressed together with love as they moved together smoothly. Even if it didn't last long, it was enough to satisfy them both.

They parted from each other to catch their breath and Taehyung smiled lovingly at Jungkook, seeing his sparkly eyes.

"You're going to be okay."

----------

im very sorry about the short update. and im extremely sorry for the wait. i have been stressing out so much about school with essays due soon and other projects that i forgot about this. i have randomly been getting headaches and stomachaches too.

im sorry that this chapter was so fucking horrible. i really am. it took a while week for this? i really feel bad. im just stressed. i promise i'll try to make better updates where i would be proud of it and something people will actually like and take the time to read.

again, im sorry. im honestly thankful for the people who read this. and i wish more people would comment. out of 14k plus people who read this, only about twenty people actually comment. it would be nice to know what people think about these.

but anyways, thanks for reading and i hope you have a good night or good day.